Belt feed adapter for 308?

This may be a little far fetched but does anyone know of a belt conversion for the Saiga 308? Any ideas on how to make one, not that it would be practical just fun as hell. :killer:

There's a few threads like that on gunco but essentially the best belt fed machineguns are upside down AKs with an MG42(PKM,Negev,Etc) belt feed mechanism positioned where the mag well used to be.Of course as purpose built machineguns they are open bolt and run cooler and more reliably with high volumes of fire but I digress.

It would be a rather involved process but it's doable.Here is a belt fed AK built up by a guy called doubletapme on gunco http://www.gunco.net/forums/f252/xt74-belt-fed-40257/

Edited by SOPMOD
It is a very involved process, as I've been working on mine for several months now when time allows...stupid day-job anyway. It'll be worth it when I'm finished. :devil:

Damn!You are one serious gun pervert!

So you'll be sporting that while carrying a 7.62x54 pistol in a thigh rig I guess?

ROTFLMAO!

Damn!You are one serious gun pervert!

So you'll be sporting that while carrying a 7.62x54 pistol in a thigh rig I guess?

ROTFLMAO!

You know how I am...when I see something I like, I have to have it.

BTW, the mini Uzi shot exceptionally well yesterday and it was boringly riliable. :devil: