convertion legal in Maryland?

anyone know?

who made this! I want one just like it.

308saiga.jpg

Yes, the conversion is legal. When you buy a Saiga, even a regular sporting Saiga, Maryland classifies it as "regulated (pistol paperwork)" because of the AK style receiver (bear with me, don't know a lot about Saigas, but I have been buying guns in MD for a few years). Once your paperwork goes through, and you get your Saiga, you only need to meet the usual requirements. The barrel length has to be legal(or apply for SBR), we DO have a magazine cap here, and obviously you need to follow 922r compliance regs. The magazine cap is less than 20 rounds IN state, but the state law says that you can buy any size you want (30rounders, 75 round drums) OUT of state, and bring them in. Than it is legal. Weird huh? You can drive up to PA/VA/Delaware/WV and buy a high cap and drive it in, but you cannot sell them in MD. Stupid.

Anyway, other than the magazine law, there is nothing on the books about converting to a pistol grip and what not. We can still buy AR15s and what not (for now).

Edited by JCS05Rubi
anyone know?

who made this! I want one just like it.

308saiga.jpg

Yes, the conversion is legal. When you buy a Saiga, even a regular sporting Saiga, Maryland classifies it as "regulated (pistol paperwork)" because of the AK style receiver (bear with me, don't know a lot about Saigas, but I have been buying guns in MD for a few years). Once your paperwork goes through, and you get your Saiga, you only need to meet the usual requirements. The barrel length has to be legal(or apply for SBR), we DO have a magazine cap here, and obviously you need to follow 922r compliance regs. The magazine cap is less than 20 rounds IN state, but the state law says that you can buy any size you want (30rounders, 75 round drums) OUT of state, and bring them in. Than it is legal. Weird huh? You can drive up to PA/VA/Delaware/WV and buy a high cap and drive it in, but you cannot sell them in MD. Stupid.

Anyway, other than the magazine law, there is nothing on the books about converting to a pistol grip and what not. We can still buy AR15s and what not (for now).

ah kk. Yes I am aware of that law.

Cool. that is all I worried about.

• 2 months later...
so does anyone do these conventions? >>

apparently you can do 'em yourself with minimal effort and know-how. i've been toying with the idea for a couple eyars now and finally just swapped out the stock for a Tapco collapsable to make 922r compliance with SureFire mags