Got 6 AK parts kits, and need a GOOD builder.

Vector from Utah appears to be having issues, they did a beautiful build for my brother, but I heard they were not honoring warranties now.

I have purchase a few Welco Arms Items from Gunbroker, but they haven't returned my inquiries.

I am primarily looking for a professional, as one kit is going to need reparkerised, and they would need to supply fully heat treated receivers and US parts.

Anybody got recommendations ?

I have purchase a few Welco Arms Items from Gunbroker, but they haven't returned my inquiries.

Could it be that they have seen some of your posts on internet forums? :unsure:

Anybody got recommendations ?

http://new.wavlist.com/soundfx/014/cricket-2.wav

Seeing that most of the serious vendors out there treat internet forum posts mostly as the garbage they are, just like your troll post above, I highly doubt it.

If you have something to contribute, please do so, but take your off topic comments, and stuff them.

It seems to me, that anyone ready to pony up nearly 2 grand in builds, is going to get some attention.

I do know, that other builders I have heard from said that they are experiencing high demand because of the fear of Obama and the resurrection of the Assault Weapons Ban, and a lot of have just plain quit, because of the lack of parts kits.

Lighten up, Francis. Why don't you put them together yourself? When I did my first built it was on a bent steel blank and I didn't have a clue even where to begin. Several years later, I'm doing shit that I never would have dreamed of back then.

Just a thought and hopefully worthy enough for your thread. :devil:

You should seriously consider biulding your own on NDS recievers.

Even with buying the tools you need to do it yourself, its still cheaper than having someone else do it.

When I did my 1st AK build (rommy), I took it slow and just followed directions from internet searches. Other than some trial and err trying to figure out how to remove the barrel pin easily, it went smooth and the gun turned out awesome. I even learned to use Duracoat and K-Phos. I have since put together about 10 kits (all rivet builds) and it has been a fun side-hobby, and even started bending flats. I highly recommend it and you will never fully understand the genious simplicity of the AK system until you build your own.

post-10946-1224343598_thumb.jpg

The problem is one thats so often heard, I just don't have the time, and I would rather pay than botch it myself, and the good looking finish is important, because I hand picked the kits, and they are the best I could find, and the intent is to put a couple away for investment purposes. I have plenty of shooters.

One of the underfolders is a polish factory parkerize, my importer told me that he brought around 10K kits into his warehouse, and that less than 200 were parked, his thoughts were that it was a batch that was more or a less a test run, for alternative finishes, than for issue rifles.

Thats really the one I want to preserve as originally as possible.

One is also a SBR Krink, though I suppose if I attached the fake can before assembly, I would be legal.

Plus, one or two may be for resale, and I feel that having a professional name attached to the rifle, may increase the value, if my own gun blows up on me, well, thats my business, but not for one of my customers.

I have one spare Polish Underfolder kit, and one spare Bulgy side folder kit that were up to vend off, I had even considered a partial trade because of the now rarity of either of those two sets.

Heress one for you all that I had forgotten until I opened the boxes.

Everyone of those parts kit went out in as issued condition, meaning, that if you bought a bulgy, or a polish kit, that went through Dan's warehouse, and bought something incomplete, without accessories, you got screwed.

The bulgy kits left with two new synthetic mags, a sling, a brand new bayonet, 4 stripper clips, and loaders.

The Polski underfolders kits had the same, but instead of strippers and loaders, you got a mag pouch.

Tantals all came with brand new unissued bipods, mags, and pouches, I gotta check on bayonets though.

I had forgotten what a great rifle each would make.