MD20 feed lip observation

Mike's drum is a marvel of engineering and makes the Saiga shotgun the ultimate short range weapon.

Following the fitting instructions I have achieved an easy, solid lock-up of the empty drum. In the process of the fitting I discovered that the pin on which the mag catch rotates can walk out of position. I haven't figured out a way to prevent this but I think a drop of loctite might work.

In working with the drum I've discovered that it fits the gun much better when it's empty. With 20 rounds in it the drum requires two hands to rotate fully into position and some serious muscle to remove. What's happening is that the feed lips are being forced apart as rounds are added and contacting the inside walls of the receiver as the drum is rotated into position.

With no rounds in the mag the distance between the outside, top, rear of the feed lip assembly is 1.145". Loaded with 20 rounds this measurement increases to 1.155". Having inserted and removed the fully loaded mag several dozen times there is clearly discernable wear on the outside of the feed lip assemby where it rubs solidly against the receiver.

All I can think of to alleviate this situtation is to put my trusty Dremel to work to grind away .005" from both sides of the receiver where the mag feed lips make contact.

As a comparison, the 5 round mags I bought from keepshooting.com measure 1.136 across the top, rear of the feed lips.