Well guys wish me luck!

Well guys i got my polychoke2 in today from saigastock as well as my 3 keepshooting.com mags. Very pleased with both stores. Very fast shipping btw. Well i don't know if many of you guys have used your s12 to go bird hunting of any kind but i get to try it out this weekend! My dad said " you gonna use that thing to shoot birds with?" i was like ya...duh. Well i hope my saiga with 19in barrel and polychoke can slay some birds. I gotta show my dad what this thing can do. what do you guys think can i hit a pheasant at maybe 35 to 40yards with my s12? Oh i can imagine what he would say once i get converted and try to go hunting with it lol.

Well it is not a perfect bird gun, that is for sure, but we are not talking ducks or geese here on the wing. If you do your part, the Saiga should do its! Best of luck!

Hey I knocked more than a few Canada geese out of the sky with mine. Got one from at least 35 or 40 yds once using #4 steel shot. Hell I've even killed em in flight with my Saiga .410 for that matter. You shouldn't have any problem at all unless you don't have a way to limit your mags to only two rounds. At least that's what we have to do here...

Happy hunting!

Hey I knocked more than a few Canada geese out of the sky with mine. Got one from at least 35 or 40 yds once using #4 steel shot. Hell I've even killed em in flight with my Saiga .410 for that matter. You shouldn't have any problem at all unless you don't have a way to limit your mags to only two rounds. At least that's what we have to do here...

Happy hunting!

Just put a drum on it and shoot away while yelling "die you fucking birds". :haha:

*IF* you know how to shoot your S-12 ACCURATELY with bird shot... the pheasants wont stand a chance against the Saiga...

Mine was CRUSHING on trap at the 27 yard line... Thats 27 yards to the house, then the rest of the distance to the bird when it was thrown... I RARELY missed... those were EASILY 40 yard shots!

:smoke:

Well guys you got me crazy excited! If i can tear those pheasants up with my saiga i am sorry to say that goodbye 870 :( your being replaced with another saiga 12!!! Hey Indy was the s12 you used one with a 19in barrel and polychoke? also Cobra did you have a 19in as well? And a good thing is no need to plug my mags for pheasant so i guess i could use my 10rd agp mags. Either way when i get back my s12 will be getting converted(already converted my saiga .308 so i hope its not to different. Well guys i will give you an update next Thursday and hopefully show my dad that this shotgun is the BEST shotgun out there all around.

Actually mine is the standard 22" factory full choked barrel. Still, you can adjust yours to whatever tightness you require.

I want a report on how ya did... and if you get any birds... PICTURES of you, them and the S-12!!! nothing like a pic of a successful hunt! :up:

:smoke:

Ya we are taking 2 dogs. Why would i might not even have to take a shot?

Just meaning that bird hunting with dogs is a lot different than without. I took my daughter out with a couple of buddies and the guy who has the dog couldn't make it at the last min. We stomped the fields any way. Miles and miles of fields while groups around us filled their bag limit and left. Walking through the brush a bird will sidestep you and you won't even know you were 2 feet from him. Sometimes a pheasant will almost get stepped on before it flies up ( scaring the pants off you, can I get an amen guys?). But dogs can smell them out even going into the thickets where they may hide and scare them up for you. Plus when you do shoot one where do they land? (once again guys?) Always in the stickers! Even if the bird landed in the grass its hard to find, but a dog can smell it out and go right to it and bring it home. Without dogs carrying a weapon on a bird hunt is just intensifying your cardio workout on your hike.

Oh gotcha gopensyall. Oh Amen btw. Ya a dog totally makes it alot easier. I hate it when i rooster brushes your boots for ya. It scares me like crazy. Well i really hope i we will get a few. I will be bringing 3 shotguns with me all 12 gauges. a 870 pump and a winchester 1200 pump and of course the saiga 12. i will be taking out the saiga the first day and if she and I can take out a few well lets just say i wont be cheating on my s12 with those other pumps lol.

Yep...19" is what I normally use. Was using the factory Modified Cyl choke when I dropped the highest, farthest one out. Damn that thing made a big splash...lol. When I cleaned it I found it broke both wings right at the shoulder from the impact. :eek: Got a 22" full choked model too but I only take that one out for turkey shoots. It's the factory camo model so it don't scare the good ol boyz too bad at first... :angel: