I'm trying to find a good 45 for carry purposes. Currently, I carry a full size 1911 cocked and locked inside my waistband. My wife doesn't like me doing this as she says she is worried about my Johnson. So, I've been looking for a smaller 45 which I can carry with round in chamber and uncocked, but DA/SA. I don't want to spend any more than $600. As a result, I found the Beretta mini Cougar and the Taurus PT945. The Beretta being hard to find and mags only holding 6 rds; I am looking to get a Taurus PT945.

All said, does anyone have any input to whether or not the Taurus is a good, reliable choice. Does it have any jamming issues and will it load defensive rds without problems? It operates much like my wife's Beretta 96FS and her gun never has any issues, but it is too big to put in my waistband.

I have shot several Taurus and am no expert, I think they shoot great!

I like 'em I think you get a value for what you pay if you shop around and pay attention.

Is this the one you are looking at 8+1??

Don't blow you johnson off,..

post-9483-1225758384_thumb.jpg

I have shot several Taurus and am no expert, I think they shoot great!

I like 'em I think you get a value for what you pay if you shop around and pay attention.

Is this the one you are looking at 8+1??

Don't blow you johnson off,..

I have not shot an Taurus other than my PT1911 however I have no problem with it yet. However my parts are interchangeable with other 1911s where yours wouldn't be. I prefer the 1911 for a carry weapon because of the multiple safeties. You have a beavertail, thumb and trigger finger safety. For instance an M&P like what my brother owns only has a hinged safety like a Glock. Just ask yourself are you willing to run the risk of a negligent discharge. If you're worried about size get a commander or an officer's model.

Also like I always say being comfortable with your weapon is more than anything. Go get your hands on all your choices and feel it out. The right answer will speak to you.

Edited by usmc_mwroseberry

I owned and shot the 9mm version of this gun. It was a decent shooter but had some issues. Mine was used so yours may be better. I had the following issues.

1) Trigger return spring worn out, trigger woudl not reset

2) Magazine release too soft and badly placed, dropped magazine when gun was fired causing FTF malfunctions.

3) Insufficient beavertail, susceptibility to hammer bite.

The gun was sent to Taurus under their lifetime warranty and they replaced worn parts/springs. Still had problems with the hammer bite and magazine release, mind you I have very large meaty hands. Other then that is was a nice gun for the money. I bought mine used for $175. Sold it a year later for $150. Shot very accurately. If you like it go for it, your mileage may differ. Taurus makes good stuff despite their bad rap.