410 rear sight

After asking on here many times and getting no response I'm assuming my 410 is the only one any of us have ever heard of that came without a rear sight. It just has a rail with a brass bead on the front. It shoots consistantly about 2" off. I just ordered an elevated front sight from Oleg and I'm going to make my own rear sight to go with it..

Now the question is how high should I make it. Could someone please measure the factory rear sight on their 410 and tell me :

1. Height of the bottom and top of the v notch measured up off the reciever cover(in case you dont have a rail or it's a different thickness than mine).

2. Distance to center of blade measured back from the end of the gas tube plug.

3.(edit) After looking closely at the pic of Indy's I can see that his has no rail and the front sight is also different from mine. Could I also get a height measurement on the front sight to insure proper alignment?

Maybe the best way to measure would be to put a straight edge from across the top of the front to the top of the rear and measure up off the gas tube and the reciever cover in the smallest increments you can.

If anyone has one of those elevated front sights yet I would like to get a height meas. off the barrel on that too.

Thanks for any help.

I have two different styles I'm trying to decide between. One is a two position flip up peep sight off another gun. If that does not work out I'm going to try and modify an AK leaf sight to work. The first would be cool and different but the second would be more adjustable.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Cobre 76 two, Do you have the dovetail on the top of the front trunion? The wifes .410 has the rear sight there the same as my s-12. Someone once said that a CZ75 rear sight will fit. CDNN used to have them. Then you just drift the rear sight to adjust horizontal. The front bead screws up and down for vertical.

G O B

Nope that's the problem. All mine has is a thick rail running the lenght of the gas tube with a brass bead at the front. If I mount a regular rear sight I'll have to cut my own dovetail and I need to know exactly where and how deep to make the cut. The peep sight I got is already cut on the bottom to mount in a dovetail slot. I just need to know how deep so that it will line up correctly.

Thanks AKATTACK I will look forward to hearing from you on that. I didn't order the rear sight from them because I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for something I would have to modify my gun to use. Plus since I have to modify it anyway I thought it would be cool to do something different. Just another way to make my conversion original.

Sure just check out the last pic on page one of the conversion pics thread that I started. That shows it pretty good. You can click on the pic for a closeup. Also about halfway down the page is another one just like mine by Mbsk01.

Thanks AK. Could i get you to measure how high that sticks up off the front trunion? To the top of the sight and the bottom of the u notch.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

AK you are the man! Great pics. Thanks for spending your valuable time on this to help me out. If you dont mind could I get you to remeasure that rear sight off the front of the reciever cover to the top of the sight instead. My sight rail is in the way and I can't get in there where I need to get a good measurement. Also I need to know what it is to the bottom of the notch in the sight too. If you have a thin straight edge you could lay it in the notch and measure up to that. That will give me the actual aiming point for the center of my peep sight. If they designed that elevated front sight we have ordered to work in conjuction with your existing rear sight then I should be right on the money. Plus the front post should be adjustable up and down just like the AK/SKS sights. Thanks again for your time on this. It's important for me to get it right since I'm starting from scratch.

Kickass!! Thank you that is exactly what I need to know. Please let me know when your front sight comes in. I ordered mine with a 10 rd mag so there's no telling how long it will take to get it.