Stainless receiver

Has anyone ever tried a stainless steel receiver ????? I have a bunch of 18 gage and know a guy that can shear and put it on a brake to fold me up one. I know it is hard to work with but forgiving in the sense that if you hit the rail with a grinder it wont wipe it out by mistake. I can also get stainless cap screws to finish the deal. Anyone??????

Who's the dude doing the receiver from scratch?

and where are we going to get the rest of the parts?

I am curious,..

I have a Romy G kit and a AMD 65 kit. My Romainan build is listed "start" in the topics. The company is in Allentown Pa. that have the heavy brakes and do custom bending. He quoted me about $30 to bend.

Has anyone ever tried a stainless steel receiver ????? I have a bunch of 18 gage and know a guy that can shear and put it on a brake to fold me up one. I know it is hard to work with but forgiving in the sense that if you hit the rail with a grinder it wont wipe it out by mistake. I can also get stainless cap screws to finish the deal. Anyone??????

Could 18g 304 stainless be heat treated to the proper hardness compared to a standard steel receiver.

Could 18g 304 stainless be heat treated to the proper hardness compared to a standard steel receiver.

That is one of my questions. Stanless is pretty hard on its own.. Isn't it??????

That is one of my questions. Stanless is pretty hard on its own.. Isn't it??????

The bending shop should be able to tell you if it needs heat treating.

The bending shop should be able to tell you if it needs heat treating.

Yea they know their shit and if it can be done it will be done. I just havent seen it done and wondering why. Too much trouble????