magazine problem!!

ive been having some trouble with one of my 30 round mags. i ran through the fully loaded mag 7 times and consistently jammed on the 9th, 13th, and 26th round every time. only one of my mags has this problem. i took the mag apart and compared it to one of my properly functioning mags. everything seems structurally good. Has anyone else had this problem. is it even worth putting effort into fixing it because it can be replaced for less than $15.

ive got 7 other 30 rnd mags with no less than 500 rounds through each and have never had a failure to feed. its just this one mags. i doint know what the deal is. guess ill scrap it and move on. thanks for the input.

spooge-

no, i dont have a feed ramp. my neighbor has a saiga with a feed ramp though. i took it next door a few minutes ago...went out in the back yard (we live way out in the country) and fired off a full mag with the same results. jammed on the 9th, 13th, and 26th round. i have a mostly bulgarian mags. i have 1 or 2 that arent. the one im having problems with is a bulgarian but i have 5 others that have functioned flawlessly.

I've said this once before...

I'm pretty sure that the reported Saiga firearms that are functioning with standard AK mags WITHOUT BULLET GUIDES...

are doing so ON THE EDGE OF RELIABILITY.

Meaning, a bit of a variance or glitch with a mag is going to have a significant effect (like, not work).

Do as you choose, but a bullet guide mod is in order. I do hear what you said about the other weapon malfunctions with the SAME mag. A possible bad mag (rare in the AK world) -you might check the spring in the mag, it may happen to be reversed (correctly, the spring in the mag pushes first on the underside BACK OF THE FOLLOWER -not the front).

Lastly, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE in the feed ht. between a chicom & euro AK mag, as there is in follower types -a difference other than the presence of the sharp edge on the mags back (euro type).

BTW, what's the problem with you guys that don't want a bullet guide? I don't get it.

Lollgagger :unsure: (It's all jus' my opine.)

Edited by lollygagger

Malice,

the AK mags that i have that function flawlessly are steel bulgarian made. I cant say if they will work for you or not. from what guys have told me here, the mags working in my rifle is just a fluke....but hey, give it a shot. who knows, maybe you'll get lucky

Edited by hoop762