Do barrel dampers increase accuracy?

money/wallet seperator, i've seen the videos on that and just don't see how that would help unless the barrel wall is so thin the barrels literally vibrates itself in-accurate. I'd like to see a independent party show 2 guns side by side, one with,one without on a high speed camera to show if it does reduce the barrel flex.

Edited by Vultite

It might help a little bit on a Saiga .223 where the walls are so thick that the barrel doesn't really bow anymore, but on a 7.62, no way. They're also impossible to attach to an AK because of the massive front sight blade. They're meant to slide straight over the barrel from front to back.

i believe, like desert dog said, they are meant for pencil barrel guns. the 223 with its thicker walls would be less effected by a vibrating barrel than something with thinner walls.

bottom line...every barrel flex's. what long range shooters do, even though they have massive bull barrels, is load there ammo so that the tip of the barrel is back straight with your line of sight when the ball leaves the tip. thats the idea with adjustable muzzle breaks and all that jazz. to my understanding, and it wouldnt be the first time i've been wrong, is that the barrel damper is meant to be moved up and down the barrel until you find the most effective position, then left there. it'll help bolt action thin barrel guns, how much? who knows. as far as Semi Autos go its a waste of money.