saiga 7.62x39 conversion

I want to convert my Saiga to a standard AK stock and magazine configuration, but am needing some guidance on what and where to get the parts. I have looked at tapco and K-var, but I see alot of mentions about Dinzag. The only web site I found for Dinzag AK parts links me to an anti virus website. What I really need is a list of parts needed. So far I see that I need:

Grip

Grip screw & base

Trigger group

trigger guard

buttstock

rivit set

mag catch

I know I need a bullet guide, but which one?? Is there anything else I need? Thanks for the help

I want to convert my Saiga to a standard AK stock and magazine configuration, but am needing some guidance on what and where to get the parts. I have looked at tapco and K-var, but I see alot of mentions about Dinzag. The only web site I found for Dinzag AK parts links me to an anti virus website. What I really need is a list of parts needed. So far I see that I need:

Grip

Grip screw & base

Trigger group

trigger guard

buttstock

rivit set

mag catch

I know I need a bullet guide, but which one?? Is there anything else I need? Thanks for the help

I don't know if you're dead set on a few of these things, but I figure I'll point some things out.

-The factory trigger guard can be reused, if you don't want to pay for a new one. Once you slide the front end of it under the mag catch, it looks fine, and will stay put.

-You don't really need rivets. Screws hold the things that need to be held in place, and you can get rivet look-a-likes, which pop into the empty post-conversion holes, to clean up the look. Dinzag has them, or you can get some at a local hardware store.

-A new mag catch is not needed either. If you have a file, you can file down the factory catch until it allows regular AK mags to lock in.

Like I said, if you're not dead set on ordering and installing those, you can save a few bucks doing what I stated.

As far as the bullet guide, it depends on what kind of trunnion you have; round or flat. Find out which you have, and order accordingly.

Flat trunnion:

trun_flat.jpg

Round trunnion:

trun_round.jpg

(Pics courtesy of Dinzagarms.com)

Dinzag Arms (among others) sell the FCG, stock, PG, etc that you need. However, Dinzag doesn't sell trigger guards.

I got my AK-47 trigger guard with mag catch from AA-OK. If you want to use screws instead of rivets on the TG, AK-builder sells a screw plate with screws for the TG.

Hope this helps,

Carl

it seems most people file the mag catch to fit the magazines. Is there any problem with filing down the protrusion on the back of the mags to fit the mag catch?

You have one rifle and up to who knows how many mags. I'd rather just do the mag catch once than file on multiple mags.