ACE Side Folder Stock

I had my local gun store install an ACE side folding stock on my S-12. It folds left. I have the same unit on an AK 7.62, and it works perfectly.

However, on the S-12, firing three or four quick rounds will cause the stock to unlock, wobble and even start to fold. Not good.

I wrote the company and they suggested I shoot the gun differently--do not pull down on the gun while firing. I have not tried this "fix", but it seems to be going in the wrong direction to me. I would think a critical weapon component like this would be designed/machined not to unlock except when the operator wanted it to fold.

The contact area between the locking portion of the stock and the mounting block only engages about 1/2 the potential mating surface. Properly machined so the stock would slide all the way down into the mounting block contact area would provide more friction and IMO less chance of unintentional unlocking. My AK stock is machined similarly, so it is apparently not a factory mistake.

Have any of you experienced this with an ACE folder on an S-12 or any other gun?

Those of you with ACE side folders, do you see that the contact area between the two parts is less than what it could be?

Any other suggestions for a fix besides learning to shoot differently and very carefully?

I have a photo of the folding stock contact area at home that I'll upload later.

CB3

Boy, its been a long time, but I think I remember that the whole unit had to be assembled properly, or the locking components wouldn't seat properly.

Post your pic please, and I will examine mine tonight.

It should lock up solid as hell, something definitely isn't right.