HotShot ammo ?? Anyone used it yet?

I recently bought 2100 rounds of the stuff, thinking it'd be OK but now I'm hearing about it's dirty ammo, lacquer coating is thicker than Wolf Mil. Classic and may cause sticking problems, and some have reported finding split or cracked cases. Anyone shooting this stuff yet and how has it been?

I recently bought 2100 rounds of the stuff, thinking it'd be OK but now I'm hearing about it's dirty ammo, lacquer coating is thicker than Wolf Mil. Classic and may cause sticking problems, and some have reported finding split or cracked cases. Anyone shooting this stuff yet and how has it been?

Hotshot is Bosnian. Is it 7.62x39? Their 5.56 and 9mm are good stuff but their 7.62x39 might be 40 year old Yugoslavian stuff repackaged,lol

If it is Yugo then it's mildly corrosive but it has the best wound profile of any military issued 7.62x39 loading.

Can you take pic of the headstamp?

I wouldn't mind buying some of it myself because I am used to old corrosive ammo so hook a brotha up with where you got it ;)

hotshot is romanian and i have the sealed 700 round tins, I have yet to have a FTF or any issues with it, i will continue to buy more, i get about one fly-away round maybe every 20-30 shots, so accuracy isn't horrible but what can you expect at the prices. oh, and its non-corrosive.

762x39HotShot.JPG

Edited by Vultite

yea, those 2 aren't bad either, sometimes its the luck of the draw but i know the 700 round tins are great b/c its fairly new production and non corrosive, plus the sealed tin is great for long term storage....i also been looking for silver bear, it has always worked great for me, even in AR's

Hotshot is Bosnian. Is it 7.62x39? Their 5.56 and 9mm are good stuff but their 7.62x39 might be 40 year old Yugoslavian stuff repackaged,lol

If it is Yugo then it's mildly corrosive but it has the best wound profile of any military issued 7.62x39 loading.

Can you take pic of the headstamp?

I wouldn't mind buying some of it myself because I am used to old corrosive ammo so hook a brotha up with where you got it ;)

I dunno where he got the Hot Shot, but heres a possible source for some Yugo: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/...?c=96&s=953

I'd call first, and see if they still have it in stock. If it's a rain check deal or some such thing, I'd pass. Your ammo might as well be on the dark side of the moon if that's the case.