Arizona Cops want AK47's now...

The report this morning from our local New's station:

The mean streets of Phoenix are now calling for 200 officers to carry AK47 with them now on duty, just as it became harder to buy AK's and the Ammo now this. Wow...

When I bought my Ak I spent 147.00 and no Tax and I'd say I spent about 200. on her since she looks much better and works way better thats for sure, a few weeks ago a friend wanted to buy it from me and I said sure 1800. he freaked I told him look around You wont find this build for less then 16 to 1800. any where.

I think the Ak47 will now really sky rocket in price times are a changeing and people are scared even the Cops say thay are scared, makes you think twice befor selling now.

Soooooo if your looking to buy your first AK get a move on it and buy as much ammo as you can, around my home the local Gun store are selling their 762. for 7 bucks a box and thay look you right in the eye and say WE KNOW IT's NOT CHEEP BUT WHAT YOU GOING TO DO??? Gesh...

7 bucks for 20 rounds what a jip...

Soooooo if your looking to buy your first AK get a move on it and buy as much ammo as you can, around my home the local Gun store are selling their 762. for 7 bucks a box and thay look you right in the eye and say WE KNOW IT's NOT CHEEP BUT WHAT YOU GOING TO DO??? Gesh...

7 bucks for 20 rounds what a jip...

I get 1000 rounds for $204 at Sportsmansguide.com

that's about 20-21 cents apiece.

wouldnt an increase in LE use of the 7.62 round increase demand thus maybe upping manufacturing, in turn maybe making it a little MORE available... i mean sure i know not at first.. but as things settle?

thats what i was thinking.. when you look at a weapon as common as the shotgun (for example) and see the HUGE ammount of ammo available.. compared to like 7.62 which is much less frequently used, and take notice of the far more minimal amount of ammo.. it would make one think that the more a weapon is used the more likely it will be to find ammo...

I was lucky enough to get 1000 rounds while Academy Sports had it on an unadvertised sale - $161.00 out the door, taxes included. $0.16 per round works for me.

It's sad, though - just a few short years ago it was $0.07 - $0.08 per round, NOT on sale.

I wish I'd had enough money to really stock up a few weeks ago, since it's not likely to be that cheap again anytime soon.

They are not ordering 200 AKs. Most prbably, around 200 Phoenix PD officers will be buying and using their own rifles on duty (like many other departments do). Some may buy an AK type rifle, but most - if not all - will be ARs (they will be allowed to spend $2,000). The union is pushing this and nothing has been finalized yet. 1/2 the departments in the country are going through the same thing.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix...rifles1124.html