http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2008/11/hs-...ent-by-lon.html

This should be enough to make every freedom loving American vomit. HS Precision, manufacturer of stocks and other parts for precision rifles, is featuring an endorsement of their products by Lon Horiuchi on the back of their catalog.

For readers unfamiliar with Horiuchi, he is the FBI sniper who shot Vicki Weaver during the standoff at Ruby Ridge 1992. He was also present at the 1993 Waco siege where he was again suspected of misconduct. He charged with manslaughter for Weaver's death but the charge was eventually dismissed in a Federal court, the basis for which was the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution. (Note that this ruling doesn't go to the merits of the case.) In gun owner circles, he is regarded as a murderer.

As pointed out by Arfcommer "dedfella," this is akin to having a fertilizer company get an endorsement by Timothy McVeigh. Poor taste, putting it mildly.

The owners of HS Precision would have to be living under a rock to not understand the revulsion this would incite among gunnies. Obviously, they don't give a **** about us and are only concerned with securing .gov contracts. Screw 'em.

HS Precision roughs out it's barrels on a giant belt sander not a CNC lathe,pays it's gunsmiths $10-$12 per hour because they know they got them by the balls up there in the Black Hills and jobs are scarce when gunsmithing is a $20-$30 per hour gig anywhere else in the country despite charging customers $3000 for a freaking mediocre rifle.

Surly needs to chime in on this because I'll be he knows a couple of HS precision slaves too,lol

Those skanks are exactly the kind of people who would want an endorsement from Lon Horiuchi and should be shunned and spat upon forever!

Edited by SOPMOD
The above is such a chicken**** way to bump a topic, especially one like this one.

Bite me. Instead of being an ass, how about telling us about all the other forums that you've taken the time to spread the word to. Or tell us about the letters you have been writing, or the phone calls you have made. Nothing against the links you have posted, but anybody with half a brain, 2 minutes, and an interest could google that up. Bitching on forums is one thing, but what will make a difference here is contacting companies who deal with HSP, and make them aware of the negative financial consequences of associating with a company that is proud to be endorsed by the FBI's murderer.

As for myself, my small part thus far has been to post this message to a half dozen forums that I have an interest in (it got less traction here than at any of the others, hence the bump), and I also wrote an email to the CEO of the company that I do the bulk of my internet business with. I could write others, but since I buy stuff from Midway, the prospect of losing my business might actually mean something to them. Here is the email I sent today:

To: LarryPotterfield@MidwayUSA.com

Subject: HS Precision

Dear Mr. Potterfield;

I want to begin by thanking you for the excellent service that MidwayUSA has provided to me over the years. I have always felt your prices to be fair, and your willingness to use shipping methods which work for customers in Alaska has been in stark contrast to so many other companies, which have little regard for consumers in the 49th state. Your commitment to the NRA is second to none, and it is for these reasons that Midway has received most of my mail order business for general shooting related goods for the last few years. Therefore, it is with some regret that I have to contact you today, and the following should not be taken as a reflection of any dissatisfaction over my dealings with Midway.

It has come to my attention that one of your vendors, HS Precision, has undertaken marketing practices which are abhorrent to myself, and many others in the shooting community. On the back of their 2008 catalog, is a full page endorsement by Lon Horiuchi, a retired FBI sniper. As you may be aware, during the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident in Idaho, Mr. Horiuchi fired the bullet that killed Vicki Weaver, as she held her infant daughter in her arms. Within the gun culture, he is widely regarded as a murderer, who was never prosecuted for political reasons. HS Precision's acceptance of his endorsement is viewed as something akin to Ryder Truck Rentals accepting the endorsement of Timothy McVeigh, or a seller of surplus Carcano rifles publishing an ad featuring Lee Harvey Oswald.

I find HS Precision's use of this endorsement to be sickening, and an affront to the millions of shooters and other Americans who believe that justice was not served in the aftermath of Ruby Ridge. Because of this, I will not purchase any products manufactured by HS Precision, nor will I continue to do business with companies which sell their products. I am certainly NOT singling out Midway in this regard, although as mentioned, you have traditionally received the bulk of my mail order business for shooting related merchandise. I hope that you will reevaluate the inclusion of HS Precision products in your catalog and inventory, and that one day soon we may do business again.

Sincerely,

###########

Anchorage, Alaska

Edited by Netpackrat