My dealer has a new Saiga 12 with 19" threaded barrel in stock, they want $599 for it, not a bad price in these times.

My question is: Is there anything I should look out for? i.e. certain serial numbers, markings etc? What should be included with this gun?

Thanks for any helpful thoughts. I couldn't believe how light it felt in my hands!!!

My dealer has a new Saiga 12 with 19" threaded barrel in stock, they want $599 for it, not a bad price in these times.

My question is: Is there anything I should look out for? i.e. certain serial numbers, markings etc? What should be included with this gun?

Thanks for any helpful thoughts. I couldn't believe how light it felt in my hands!!!

No Serial # or marking will indicate when Ivan had too much liquid potatoes for lunch.

Check the bore. Make sure none of the Gas block pins are showing.

If the shop will let you, unscrew the gas knob and use a dental pic to check the gas ports.

Pop the top cover and make sure everything looks right.

The best part. If there is a problem RAA will make it right or send you a replacement.

Thanks for the good info!

Did you polish some of the internals on yours? It looks like the better move from everything I've read here.

I polished the insides by feeding it a heavy diet of walmart bulkpack. But when Cobra Helped Chop the barrel from 21 to 18 we added a 4th port.

All new imports have the 4th port and the shorter barrel.

I wouldn't do anything other than a conversion UNLESS you have feed problems.

If it jams clear the jam and keep going. If it jams the same way a few times shoot tell it jams and take pics of the jam.

Post the pic here and in 5-10 min you'll know exactly what to do to fix the problem.

Actually... I am not sure how many of you have actually LOOKED...

The S20 has a RIVET on the LEFT SIDE of the receiver just about where the third hole would be!

There IS NO MATCHING HOLE on the RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE RECEIVER!

I wonder if this was ever considered... But I am willing to be that because that rivet holds a block on the inside of the receiver, no one is going to bitch, cause you cant just pop it out of there...

Just a thought to consider... not that it really MEANS anything...

:smoke:

Thanks for the good info!

Did you polish some of the internals on yours? It looks like the better move from everything I've read here.

I polished the insides by feeding it a heavy diet of walmart bulkpack. But when Cobra Helped Chop the barrel from 21 to 18 we added a 4th port.

All new imports have the 4th port and the shorter barrel.

I wouldn't do anything other than a conversion UNLESS you have feed problems.

If it jams clear the jam and keep going. If it jams the same way a few times shoot tell it jams and take pics of the jam.

Post the pic here and in 5-10 min you'll know exactly what to do to fix the problem.

Thanks for the info and heads up..!