in your 12ga ammo "locker" ???

I'm new to the 12 gauge ammo buying...actually...I haven't bought ANY before...so I was hoping I could get shove in the right direction for my original S12 magazine and an MD-20 drum....what's the cheapest that hunts?

I'd like to get a few different types for different applications...namely:

shot for the break in period?

buckshot for every day home defense and knocking over fridgerators at the range??

slugs for making big holes.....

anyone have some input?

thanks..B

I'm loving the wolf power buckshot, but it'll only work in the stick mags, won't fit in the drum. BTW, it's 2 3/4, but listed as one of the 2 3/4 rounds that won't fit in the drum. Of course I had to stick one in there, lo and behold, it got stuck. I had to dig it out with a bic pen.

I'm loving the wolf power buckshot, but it'll only work in the stick mags, won't fit in the drum. BTW, it's 2 3/4, but listed as one of the 2 3/4 rounds that won't fit in the drum. Of course I had to stick one in there, lo and behold, it got stuck. I had to dig it out with a bic pen.

Wait, so it's longer than 2 3/4?

Where do you order your ammo from?

Gas_Giant...where do you get the Brenneke?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

Yep can vouch for the walmart value packs here too, very popular great value. As for drums I think the best thing to do would be find MD arms they have a section on this site and sell a nice drum. Have to get in line for the next run they make. Some other options out there tho just keep looking.

Billy Abbate, who is one the very top dog Grandmasters, turned me on to the Fiochi low recoil slugs. Super accurate for matches and hardly no recoil. They cycle great in my gun. I think they sell for $9 for a 10 pack. Georgia arms carries them.

Wait, so it's longer than 2 3/4?

Where do you order your ammo from?

Gas_Giant...where do you get the Brenneke?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

I ordered these fromm sportsmans guide. I believe it was $115 for 250, but it's gone up since then. Some 2 3/4 are longer than others, from what I understand. It doesn't really make any kind of sense, but apparently it happens.

Brenneke is pretty accurate out of a smoothbore gun. The best I have found. Even better than the pricier hunting loads.

Wolf buckshot is pretty good too. Usually relatively easy to find.

Shotgun hull length is a funny thing. The lowbrass bird shot will only measure 2.25" in total length while the Wolf buckshot will measure about 2.6" long. Hence it won't feed into the MD Drum. I know it sounds crazy, being 2 3/4" shells. Measure your shells next time. It is an eye opener. The 2.75" Wolf Is as long as my 3" Duck loads.