side folding stocks-options

I'm not sure if there are any other options out there, but Ace offers an external adapter block for doing this which makes it extremely easy and reversable. You don't have to cut off the tang, or move the trigger group forward, and it is solid. However, the general consenus is that it isn't as desireable as either the Ace internal block, or the Tromix welded rear plate (both of which DO require cutting the tang and moving the FCG forward). The stock Saiga set up is actually a 'conversion', and either the internal block or Tromix rear plate are both actually 'de-conversions' which return the weapon back to the configuration it was intended for.

I'm not sure if there are any other options out there, but Ace offers an external adapter block for doing this which makes it extremely easy and reversable. You don't have to cut off the tang, or move the trigger group forward, and it is solid. However, the general consenus is that it isn't as desireable as either the Ace internal block, or the Tromix welded rear plate (both of which DO require cutting the tang and moving the FCG forward). The stock Saiga set up is actually a 'conversion', and either the internal block or Tromix rear plate are both actually 'de-conversions' which return the weapon back to the configuration it was intended for.

rockman96 is correct. De-convert it properly. Also, cut the tang off because the chance that you will change it back is exactly 0%.

Falcon Arms also make a metal folding stock to fit the Saiga/AK that does not require removal of the tang. It is similar to the Ace. I one on one of my AK's that I did not want to remove the tang to accommodate the new Tech Sight.

http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16322

i already did the conversion and moved the trigger forward. just the tapco side folder isn't solid as i would like it to be. and i don't want to cut the tang off so i have the possibility to add other stocks in the future

anyone own one of those falcon arms side folders? they look a bit long to me. the ACE external block folders look ok, and dang expensive.

Edited by flclisgreat
.....anyone own one of those falcon arms side folders? they look a bit long to me. the ACE external block folders look ok, and dang expensive.

If you read my post carefully I said that I have one installed. Look on Gunbroker for factory seconds, I got one there for $77 shipped!

The Falcons are much nicer then then the plastic Tapco but not as expensive as the Ace. One of the advantages if an external block folder is the ability to fold the stock with a drum in many instances.

All the stocks mentioned have some merit, I have or have had them all. I have never had the Tromix, but have seen one and it is also nice!

Has anyone seen both the Falcon and ACE external side by side to give some feedback as too quality and length of the external block? I was looking at the ACE but for the $70.00 savings I would consider the Falcon if it is a quality product.

edit: Az have you compared your stock with an ACE folder with the external block? What are your thoughts?

Edited by DANGERRUSS