anyone used this stock adaptor

I have that adapter on my .308 and it works fine. The tube will sit pretty high, it's barely low enough to get a good sight picture with the irons, but perfect for a scope.

A word of caution, when you drill the holes, don't try to angle them in to get it to cinch up tight, it'll only crack. :rolleyes:

It's a good piece.

Acer

Thanks for the replies. Does the stock sit straight with the receiver as with Tromix and the photo Ultimak has on their site? I really do not like the Tapco style where the stock goes down at an angle from the receiver.

Edit: Acer, you have to drill holes in it, or the receiver to mount it. When you say at an "angle" could you ellaborate on that?

thanks again guys

Edited by hallboss

The buffer tube is in line with the barrel.

Yeah, you have to drill pilot holes in the adapter so you don't split the plastic. It's not hard.

When I drilled the hole that the tang screw goes in, I angled the hole a bit toward the butt of the weapon with the thought that I could get everything real tight when I screwed it in. When I screwed the tang screw in, it cracked the plastic a bit. It's nothing serious to worry about. Just drill the holes where they're supposed to be. :grimace:

Hope that made sense,

Acer

you might want to consider CAA ak47 alum tube, its basically a 6 position buffer tube that bolts directly to the receiver and tang. It'll accept any commercial buttstock

FYI you'll need to have the saiga converted with FCG moved up to its rightful place ; )

With something lke that ultimak you'll need to buy a complete AR buttstock w/ buffer tube only to find out that the buffer spring etc is useless in an AK variant firearm.

I own the CAA 6 pos stock and I'm very pleased by the quality and durability of this thing!

Like acer said, the tube sits pretty high with this adapter so it is ideal for scopes and dots. I used one of these for my latest S12 conversion. I hate it! Im taking it off and getting a different one. it is nice and solid, but I cant get a good sight picture without burying my cheekbone into the stock. I have to quit shooting after a box or two because it beats the shit out of the side of my face! IMO Its very uncomfortable and unnatural for the AK. just my two cents!

I am using a red dot , so the height is not that big a deal to me.

Josh, do you have any pics, I want to make sure the stock is in line with the receiver and not going down at an angle.

thanks

Kingfish

If you decide to sell it, let me know.

thanks

Darin

Edit-Josh belay that, I just found the pics on CAA.com

Edited by hallboss