suggestions for upcoming Tromix build

I just talked to Melissa at Tromix to put a deposit down on my upcoming Tromix build. This is my second Tromix shotgun, the first is an 8" S-17 (no additional options).

I'd like to get something with a longer barrel, and want to add the short reset trigger as well.

What do you think about the S-06 versus a 12" or 14" S-17? A 12" or 14" barrel will cost me $565 more than the 19" S-06, plus the $200 NFA tax, so that's a pretty big consideration too.

I want this second gun to be more useful for casual 3-gun and clay shooting. So I'm thinking that also pushes me towards the S-06.

any thoughts?

Here's some pics of my Tromix SBS...

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Edited by Gendaito

We call it a "deposit" but it actually pays for and holds your gun so we have something to build on when we're ready to roll on it. You have actually purchased the base gun ($550) and it can be shipped to you as-is at any time. I know that's a bit off topic here, but I wanted to clarify the "deposit" issue for other customers that may see this thread.

Tony

I would think the S06 with the Gali Charger would be sweet, if you wanted to shoot clays, you could get a poly choke screwed on to tighten up your pattern at a distance.

I am not totaly sure what the short reset trigger does, but might as well get one while you can always add on other items on your own later, but not the SRT!

Edited by Gas Giant

I've found I prefer my Dinzag's Tapco G2 trigger (on my 7.62) over my Tromix SRT (on my 12), only because I like to be able to feel a little movement before I know it's gunna go bang. For lack of better description, I like to feel the trigger pull slightly, then I know just a smidge more and it's gunna go kaboooooom! Personal preference.

Since you've already got the super shorty I'd say stay with the 19" and spend the extra $$$ on another drum or more AGPs or ammo for that matter.

........as you say, a personal preference.........

Myself, when I direct my finger to pull that trigger, I don't want (or need) any additional "smidge" of travel......

I've already decided I want it to go "kaboooom" right then. I also want it to reset immediately, and go

"kabooom" very rapidly several more times if I so decide !!!

The TROMIX SRT is a G2 trigger............., enhanced by Tony.

Edited by Jeaux E

He's talking about Dinzags 2 stage trigger vs the Tromix single stage trigger. I prefer a 2 stage as well, but only on a target gun, like a long range prairie dog rifle. I don't know of any mfg that would even consider using a 2 stage trigger on a short range combat arm.

Maybe for shooting slugs at deer or something, you would want a 2 stage, but other then that, a single stage would be preferable for most S-12 applications.

It's actually easier to make the G2 into a decent 2 stage, since you have so much more sear engagement to prevent a doubling situation, you can really get the second stage crisp and right on the "edge".

Tony

any thoughts?

Here's some pics of my Tromix SBS...

IMG_1369.jpg

Its very nice. I have the same Tromix model... best 12 gauge SBS there is....

But I got to ask....

Thats not the case your carrying your Saiga 12 Tromix masterpiece in is it? If so, I have a great suggestion for your next accessory purchase!

Discreet Submachine Gun Case ;)

........as you say, a personal preference.........

Myself, when I direct my finger to pull that trigger, I don't want (or need) any additional "smidge" of travel......

I've already decided I want it to go "kaboooom" right then. I also want it to reset immediately, and go

"kabooom" very rapidly several more times if I so decide !!!

The TROMIX SRT is a G2 trigger............., enhanced by Tony.

I installed the OEM overtraval stop, and I put a washer behind the trigger legs. Does the same thing. :killer:

Its very nice. I have the same Tromix model... best 12 gauge SBS there is....

But I got to ask....

Thats not the case your carrying your Saiga 12 Tromix masterpiece in is it? If so, I have a great suggestion for your next accessory purchase!

Discreet Submachine Gun Case ;)

What, you don't like my Wilson urban camouflage SBS case? ;)

So, I think I want a S-06, but replace the HK sights with a mount for a mini-red dot (like a Burris Fast Fire, JPoint, Docter, Pride Fowler, Aimpoint T-1, etc.). I know Tony did a similar mount for Taran Butler's competition gun earlier this summer.

Anyway, hopefully this is a modification Tony's willing to do. I'll ask when my number comes up in a couple of months.

Looking forward to this Tromix build!

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, trying to figure out a way to put a fastfire on my SBS I have on order. Is there a top rail that will work, or will Tony still do the mount like you mentioned?

Don't know. Tony, if you have time, can we get an official answer? What mounting options for optics do you suggest?