Not sure I understand that, the only time I have seen paddles stick to Texas Stars was when the shooter used cylinder bore.

I'm doing a conversion with my best friend from high school right now it is a 19 inch model.

What kind of shells and shot size? and what distance?

Shot size 7 1/2 around 13-15 yards Federal brand. I went home and patterned on card board, POA was on . I tried shooting a steel swinger it moved it very lightly, grab another shotgun it really moved it same ammo and a Imp-Mod choke . The cardboard test showed a slightly looser pattern at extra-full as the other guns with a Imp-Mod I think it the Poly-choke. Do anyone have experience with Poly -Chokes is this the normal. or is mine not working?

Have you ever patterned your gun after installing the polychoke? It may have changed the point of impact enough for you to be nearly missing the plate.

I went home and put up a large piece of cardboard, pattern tested it at the same distance 13-15 yards POA was perfect, but at Extra-Full it patterned looser then may other shot guns at Imp-Mod I wonder if my Poly-Choke is not working ?

Have you ever patterned your gun after installing the polychoke? It may have changed the point of impact enough for you to be nearly missing the plate.

I went home and put up a large piece of cardboard, pattern tested it at the same distance 13-15 yards POA was perfect, but at Extra-Full it patterned looser then may other shot guns at Imp-Mod I wonder if my Poly-Choke is not working ?

Try the Modified setting on the Poly Choke....I use my gun with cylinder bore and use Federal #6 shot and have no problems knocking targets off at that distance. With #6 shot my gun patterns smaller than a Rem 870 with modified choke and #8 shot. The extra full restriction may be messing with your wad and causing the pattern to break up faster. Just an idea.

BHFS,

I have some experience with the Polychoke on my 19". I've only had a similar experience to yours when my choke was set on something less MOD. I have no trouble with the star, plate rack or poppers if I keep it cranked at or above IMP MOD. I normally run FULL if I have a field of large poppers to handle at different distances. Our club won't allow the use of anything heavier than 7 1/2 and I usually shoot #8. Make sure the choke portion is screwed all the way home tight then back it off a click or two.

Good luck on your test with Topmaul.

BHFS,

I have some experience with the Polychoke on my 19". I've only had a similar experience to yours when my choke was set on something less MOD. I have no trouble with the star, plate rack or poppers if I keep it cranked at or above IMP MOD. I normally run FULL if I have a field of large poppers to handle at different distances. Our club won't allow the use of anything heavier than 7 1/2 and I usually shoot #8. Make sure the choke portion is screwed all the way home tight then back it off a click or two.

Ajackb,

Where are you in Florida? In Jacksonville.

BHFS,

Ajackb,

Where are you in Florida? In Jacksonville.

I will try that, pattern it and hopefully thats the answer. thank everyone out there for their input on this issue

Jim

BHFS,

I unscrewed the poly one full turn, from bottomed out then to the desired setting. That patterned tightly and knocked down steel with authority. I 'am having some other work done now , so I will run a further documented pattern tests later.

Thanks

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

yea, I can never tell when the marks are on, vs being a full turn out, so I bottom it out and then back it off.

BTW, just because you can adjust it doesn't mean you need to! Set at modified and shoot everything that way until you get some really odd/hard. All close clays and you can open it up. Distant/stubborn steel and you can tighten it up.

YMMV.