Soo... I WAS NOT going to Convert....

I know you guys have seen tons of pics of folks just finishing there conversions but I just had to share ;)

Gun feels great in my hands now...can't wait to get her to the range!!! :)

Also, I have a question. The hardest part of my conversion was getting the PISTOL GRIP on!!! That was going to be the easiest and most satisfying part but I think I got the wrong PG nut/bolt or a bad pistol grip because I had to modify the heck out of the grip to get it on and it still doesn't fit right??? Is the PG's mounting hole supposed to be centered? Mine was off center and it makes the PG sit too far forward (look at the very last picture and you can see the back part of the trigger guard is INSIDE the PG?? :(

DSC05354.jpg

DSC05356.jpg

DSC05381.jpg

DSC05386.jpg

DSC05402.jpg

The required dental floss hanging out the receiver shot ;)

DSC05404.jpg

Edited by Prodge
"Driving yourself crazy". I laughed when I saw the caption on the newspaper with an arrow pointing towards your taped off receiver in one of the pictures you have. It must be a sign or an omen, if you didn't stage it like that. (LOL)

You know what...I didn't even notice that!!!!!! :smoke: But yeah it was a pretty crazy process...it started off all nice and dandy but because of the issues I was having with the PG I found myself at Home Depot at 9pm trying to find a longer bolt :ded: Finished the conversion at 3AM.

I got my IZ109 last week...I already ordered all the conversion parts. I wasn't going to convert anything now I'm converting 2 who would of thunk it!! ;)

Looks great! I just converted my IZ-109 and have yet to shoot it with it's new configuration. I hope you get a chance to shoot yours soon! :up:

How can you tell? My invoice says Tapco AK Pistol Grip....I did notice that this grip DOES NOT say Tapco anywhere on it, only says "USA"...all the other Tapco stuff I have seen says Tapco on it...hmm???

Looks to me like you got a FAL grip instead of an AK grip.

Yeah, that FAL one looks exactly like mine. Looks like they shipped me the wrong one :unsure:

Looks to me like you got a FAL grip instead of an AK grip.

Looks that way to me also.

Tapco AK (SAW style) grip:

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=b798...14-b456d5cc1c81

Tapco FAL grip:

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=a42e...fd-6cd570e4a05e

Hey Prodge, is that the T6 stock? I hope so, 'cause that's what I ordered and I like the look of yours, but I thought the T6 looked a little different where it connected to the receiver. I like the solid look of the stock that you have, but I thought the T6 had a sort of 'scalloping' to it in that area.

Edited by TR Young

Yes sir, that is the Tapco T6 with the optional butt pad...I know some are anti butt pads but man I gotta say this one fits the T6 perfectly and it sits REAL nice! ;) I am going with the same combo on the IZ109!! ;)

Hey Prodge, is that the T6 stock? I hope so, 'cause that's what I ordered and I like the look of yours, but I thought the T6 looked a little different where it connected to the receiver. I like the solid look of the stock that you have, but I thought the T6 had a sort of 'scalloping' to it in that area.
Edited by Prodge