Break-in Ammo?

What specific ammunition have yall been using to break in your Saiga20s? I've got a couple of boxes of some Remington ShurShot Heavy Dove (1oz, #6 shot, 2 3/4") and 10 rounds of 20G 2 3/4 slugs to play with when my Saiga gets into town. I've also seen some 20G 3" #4 Steel shot Mag rounds at the local Academy Sports for a decent price, but I'm kind of worried about running steel down my shotgun's barrel.

Is there anything specific I should look for in ammo during the breakin period? Or, should I just go buy some of the heaviest rounds I can find for 20G and pound on it for a while?

Edit: I nabbed a recoil buffer from Buffertech, anybody have any experience with these particular buffers?

Edited by Rusty

the winchester aa super sport.

they are only about $4 a box.

it is the black box that says 1300 fps velocity on the top.

they are low brass but they are high velocity so they cycled mine when it was new out the box.

now i can shoot the cheap ass stuff in the 100 round pack from walmart.

Sweet, thanks man. I'll have to swing by Sportsmans Warehouse or Academy when the gun arives.

Edit:

Err... Stupid question, but where do you pick this stuff up? Academy's website is basically useless and Sportsman's has zero inventory online.

Edited by Rusty

walmart has em for around $4 a box.

federal used to make a high brass skeet load. i paid $2.75 for a box of this at walmart a couple weeks ago. it was pretty old looking. it was the last one. i don't believe they carry it anymore. not sure if they still make em.

wish they did b/c i'd buy that just to blow shit up with.

it cycles flawlessly in my s20.

good luck!

• 4 months later...

I ran about 10 boxes of the High Velocity Winchester SS stuff through my 20, plus slugs and buck on the odd occation that a water bottle pissed be off. I now buy basically what ever is cheapest from a brand I recognize. I think CTD had some Estate game rounds for about $23/case.