Has anybody had any issues with certain brass not working in the saiga 308s I cant seem to get federal or remington brass to reload and function properly all measurements seem to be good bullet depth size of case neck dimensions and so forth i can use military ball pull the bullet repowder seat bullet and works fine but the others wont let bolt close all the way

Any ideas or thoughts would be great??????????????

Thanks in advance

Sorry for not getting back on very fast been having pc and internet issues ok i thought the same on headspace because when i first reloaded for it i went compleatly off the book for all measurements and for powder and such and was having problems so i measured some ball ammo i had and used the measurements instead which is 2.784 for overall length which loads just fine and was still having problems so then i pulled the bullet on the round that chambered and added my powder load and bullet and it chambered fine (i am using rcbs dies by the way and succsefully load 223, 264, 308,270.30/06, 3030, 357sig, 357mag, 38spl, 45, 45lc, 9mm and some various others and do very well thats why iam here im stumped on this one)

that being said all my measurements from the case that loads match my cases that wont

bullet diam 308

case length varies slightly due to untrimmed versus trimmed

2.015 on trimmed 1 that wont load

2.018 on 1 that will

overall length 2.784

neck width .34

base width .47

my first thought it was the bullets them selves but i have tried many to the same fate cant load from scratch but i can pull the bullet load my pwder and bullet and it chambers right in thats y i was hoping somebody else had ran into this problem

and i am not saying that the die somehow hasnt been comprimised but i take good care of it and when cases come out the are sized right according calipers and i am using good ones they are Starret calipers and have been calibrated by professional

i have been in search of a bolt action 308 to try my loads in i just dont have one and deither do any of my freinds because that i feel would be a good test i mean if it chambers in it i am back to the drawing board

Max case length for 308 is: 2.015

Trim to length is for 308 is: 2.005

Your brass "might" be too long. I haven't ever loaded any that were that close to the Max case length, so I woudn't really know if that would be the problem or not. If I were you I would double check the case length, and trim some to the trim to length of: 2.005. Hope that works, just my $.02 worth.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Dakota, try trimming to the specifications he listed here. I have set my trimmer to 2.005 and use a full resizing die from Dillion Precision in my RCBS Rockchucker. Be sure to lube all of your cases, but keep it off of the exterior of the neck. Lube every 5th neck interior with a brush rolled across your lube pad and they will size up and trim sweetly, no hangups or even squeak in the die - nor excessive handle pressure is needed. Chamfer the necks with your deburring tool to aid slipping the bullets in and you will be golden. I haven't had a single miss-feed or miss-fire after making 500+ rounds of reloads myself. :D Work safely and good luck!

Max case length for 308 is: 2.015

Trim to length is for 308 is: 2.005

Your brass "might" be too long. I haven't ever loaded any that were that close to the Max case length, so I woudn't really know if that would be the problem or not. If I were you I would double check the case length, and trim some to the trim to length of: 2.005. Hope that works, just my $.02 worth.

• 2 weeks later...