Hi guys

1st post here, but have been lurking for a few months now and have learned a ton of info. just got my new saiga and have been trying to figure out the best way to mount a dot to it. I've got a spare c-more in the safe and have been looking at various mounts. the side mounts don't thrill me, and the rails that mount to the gas tube seen like the way to go, but

I'm worrying about the rail getting hot enough to cook the electronic on the site.

has anyone had that problem?

thanks

Hi guys

1st post here, but have been lurking for a few months now and have learned a ton of info. just got my new saiga and have been trying to figure out the best way to mount a dot to it. I've got a spare c-more in the safe and have been looking at various mounts. the side mounts don't thrill me, and the rails that mount to the gas tube seen like the way to go, but

I'm worrying about the rail getting hot enough to cook the electronic on the site.

has anyone had that problem?

thanks

No that would not happen. there is to much space for that to cook your optics.

I make one of the rails that mounts over the gas tube. With mine it does not cover both sides of the gas tube so it's not able to hold heat. With mine, there is a free flow of air all around the rail itself.

Cobra here...using Racegal's computer temporarily....

Yes I can custom mill the rails to order. How much of the rail would need to be flattened and where / how far apart would the mounting screws be?

Oh.....edit...I just found this:

http://www.cmore.com/CMS-IS-SR-041608.pdf

If you would please, send me the OAL of the unit, and any preferences on just where on the rail you would like it located.

Edited by Racegal20

I have the C-More Railway site on my S-12 right now want me to post a picture?

randompics003.jpg

This is my PK-01 which now has a happy home on my Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine.

My C-More is now on my Saiga using the same mount. The C-More is too high for a co-witness the PK-01 does give a good co-witness but blocks a lot of the field of view, I was doing a stage in the woods and had difficulty finding targets using the PK-01 so I took it off. If the C-More could be mounted low enough to use the irons as a back up it would be a sweet set up.

Equinerescuelleaugeshowpics082.jpg

This was an early attempt to make the system work but what happend was I had a cheap NC-Star Optic which quit working and really swas not happy with it. Still I do like the concept just I could not get it to work for me just yet. I want to keep my dot as low as possible that's why I'm not all that keen on a gas tube rail or side mounts.

If you look on the table you will swee my CX4-Storm Carbine with the PK-01 on it.

Edited by topmaul
Cobra here...using Racegal's computer temporarily....

Yes I can custom mill the rails to order. How much of the rail would need to be flattened and where / how far apart would the mounting screws be?

Oh.....edit...I just found this:

http://www.cmore.com/CMS-IS-SR-041608.pdf

If you would please, send me the OAL of the unit, and any preferences on just where on the rail you would like it located.

Great

the scope is 4.90 long, and I would like it mounted towards the back of the rail.

I don't have the cash right now, christmas took a huge chuck of my mad money, but I'll be contacting you next month .

Thanks

Ray

I'll post a picture of my Saiga with the C-more one it tonight don't want to get the Saiga out until the pizza guy gets here.

003.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

As you can see I have been trying to make this system work for some time.

Edited by topmaul