Shoot skeets out of a SAIGA?!?!

I know most guys don't shoot skeet with a militarized shotgun :eek:,,But i like too..

Whats the best sight set up for my 12 that would work great for the occasional skeet and field??

I should also mention that i have the skeletonized RAA stock.

I apologize to the forum if this question has been asked a million times before...

Thanks guys!

INDY K

oh,,,, i do own a skeet/Bird shotty.

Edited by Indyk
I know most guys don't shoot skeet with a militarized shotgun :eek:,,But i like too..

Whats the best sight set up for my 12 that would work great for the occasional skeet and field??

I apologize to the forum if this question has been asked a million times before...

Thanks guys!

INDY K

First off, don't appologize. This is a forum...we're here to learn from each other and sometimes the search function doesn't lead you to the answers you're looking for. I just ignore the "try using the search function" replies anyways. :)

As to your question, with stock sights, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Now if you have an Eotech or something, that's a different story.

Do you have a stock S12 except for the folding stock?

-Emt1581

Thanks guys!

INDY K

First off, don't appologize. This is a forum...we're here to learn from each other and sometimes the search function doesn't lead you to the answers you're looking for. I just ignore the "try using the search function" replies anyways. :)

As to your question, with stock sights, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Now if you have an Eotech or something, that's a different story.

Do you have a stock S12 except for the folding stock?

-Emt1581

factory s12 with this stock is what i have

post-7870-1231125891.jpg

Edited by Indyk
I like my krebs ghost ring sights. Just get the bird in the ring and BAM.

I've heard red dots are great for destroying clay also.

Ooh I've got the ghost rings on my 19", now you got me wanting to shoot some trap with it. Don't know if I dare take it to the trap range though, the Fuds are as Elmer as they come. Only shot trap 3 seperate times so far with my grandpa's AYA double barrel and I progressively kept hitting less. Most likely due to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing.

Do it you will have a ton of fun.

I find that trap with the red dot is easy, but it holds me back (lower scores) in sporting clays and skeet. The introduction of a second bird, and a red dot that washes out, drop my scores.

I would not worry about the fudds too much, I got some strange looks the first time I took one and after crushing 22-23 of 25 regularly I did not hear too many comments. Some of the guys even got in on the fun.

I shoot at a pretty good club though.

My gun club has a skeet field that is dirty and doesn't get used much. Perfect for a guy with a converted S12 and a stack of AGP & Surefire mags. lol

Oh yah and this range by my place only allows you to have one in the chamber with the action open until it's your turn. What's a guy to do, lock the bolt back and just load a single round by hand into chamber everytime? What's suggested for this particular situation?

My gun club has a skeet field that is dirty and doesn't get used much. Perfect for a guy with a converted S12 and a stack of AGP & Surefire mags. lol

Oh yah and this range by my place only allows you to have one in the chamber with the action open until it's your turn. What's a guy to do, lock the bolt back and just load a single round by hand into chamber everytime? What's suggested for this particular situation?

Exactly that 1 round at a time. Once they get to know you they may make an exception. Once they found out I was not a complete hammer head at my range they will allow me to load 5 and saftey after each shot.

I think I'll have to do the load by hand 1 round at a time bit because of the rules here. I think the only way I could use a mag is like this, load up my MD20 and my factory 5 rounder, insert whichever one first when it's my turn, shoot but keep my finger on the BHO somehow and then eject mag and then it's next guys turn. That'll do me for the 25 rounds for trap but seems crazy to me and I don't think I'll try that anyway just had to say it to say it :rolleyes: A LRBHO would be great for this as far as loading 1 round at a time by hand goes.

mine to!!!!I do have to clean up hundreds of shells afterwards but no one is ever there!!! :super:

some of them old folks would just crap thier pants if some youngin pulled out a saiga 12 for skeets.....

How do you guy choke to skeet. I was using the polychoke and a guy with a 500 and a turkey choke was smoking me. He used my Saiga and could do no better than I. Someone did make a converter to use remmy chokes I think.

Usually I just leave it at slug/cyl bore and nail them as soon as they come into view. I'm going to try messing with the polychoke next time out while patterning and setting up the sights (I sighted it for slugs but it seems a tad off when hitting birds).

How do you guy choke to skeet. I was using the polychoke and a guy with a 500 and a turkey choke was smoking me. He used my Saiga and could do no better than I. Someone did make a converter to use remmy chokes I think.

Do you have a 19" IZ-109 or the longer IZ-107? It's going to be harder with a 19" barrel. You might try a hotter load, something with more velocity. Best bet is to get them soon as they launch.

A 10/12 round mag or a drum should help too! :lol:

Edited by JeffD
I think I'll have to do the load by hand 1 round at a time bit because of the rules here. I think the only way I could use a mag is like this, load up my MD20 and my factory 5 rounder, insert whichever one first when it's my turn, shoot but keep my finger on the BHO somehow and then eject mag and then it's next guys turn. That'll do me for the 25 rounds for trap but seems crazy to me and I don't think I'll try that anyway just had to say it to say it :rolleyes: A LRBHO would be great for this as far as loading 1 round at a time by hand goes.

I'm not sure if I follow, do you want to have all 25rds loaded up for the entire match? When I shoot skeet even at the stations that launch 2 pairs (4 shots) I just load 2 shells when I get in the station, then after I shoot that pair I load two more shells for the second pair and keep everything unloaded until I'm actually ready to shoot. Do the guys at your range not wanna wait for you to reload? If I'm understanding you correctly that would be the only reason to load up all your mags to max, sorry if I'm thick and completely missing your point.