308 conversion

hey i have already got alot of info from other people and im ordering all my conversion parts this week and because im anxious and want to see if I can even remotely do this I went home last night and stripped down my 308. All i did was take off the stock and forearm and well I cant see how to remove the original FCG I have watched the you tube videos and I loaded the cross con step by step on a conversion but those are both the 7.62x39 I dont see any pins for me to drill i sof coarse see the two pins to punch out but so is that it or am I missing something?

Maybe...

I've done a couple 308 conversions. The one with the 22 inch barrel had the PG hole cut. The 16 inch one did not...

Just my experience...

God Bless,

Doc S

My 22" that I'm doing right now doesn't have the hole but in another post, I make the assumption that the hole goes where the original trigger slot is. Haven't gotten confirmation but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Look for the receiver measurement diagram on the conversion website so you can place the hole in the right spot.

Tom B.

My 22" that I'm doing right now doesn't have the hole but in another post, I make the assumption that the hole goes where the original trigger slot is. Haven't gotten confirmation but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Look for the receiver measurement diagram on the conversion website so you can place the hole in the right spot.

Tom B.

Yes, that's where it goes.

ok 922 issues aside, in the 308 and any other saiga for that matter, is it possible to retain the hammer /disconnecor and swap the trigger only.

Possible? Yes.

In fact, I did this initially with a Saiga-M .223 (not the thumbhole model, but one with a standard Saiga stock and 308 FCG). I intended (and still intend) to use it exclusively with US made AR mags (using the MSA adapter). With the Choate Dranunov Stock and US made magazines it would be 922r compliant, but the trigger pull was sufficiently inferior to the Saiga 308's I'd done (using Dinzag's FCG's) that I decided to go ahead and replace the whole FCG.

Edited by cma g21