The MD-20 Product Satisfaction Quiz

The MD-20 Product Satisfaction Quiz  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has anything about your MD-20 dissapointed you?

• No.
    • Yes. (IF SO PLEASE EXPLAIN! Required or will be removed!)
    • The fitting bothered me.
  2. 2. Does your MD-20 cycle reliably?

• No. (Please explain in detail, Required or will be removed! Ammo used, gun details, type of failure, ...!)
    • Yes.
    • At first it did.
    • It does with 3 DRAM loads and up.
    • It can handle anything my AGP's can.
  3. 3. Have you had to go back and order another one?

• Yes, 20 rounds wasn't enough.
    • No, just the 1 is enough... FOR NOW!
    • Heck, I ordered 2+ off the bat!

I have a few problems with the MD20 drum.

I got a MD20 and had to modify the rear tab to make it lock in. It only works in the one saiga. I would have to buy seperate drums for each of my saigas.

The drum fails to feed. I believe the guide rod springs aren't strong enough to strip a round from the drum and fully close the bolt. The bolt stops at least once in 20rds, aprox. 1/4in open with just the brass end of the shotshell sticking out of the chamber.

The drum is in the way of my arm and awkward to use.

These are the same problems I had with with the Wraithmaker drum and the reason I sold it.

The drum is less than 100% reliable so it's collecting dust.

First, there is no reason you can't use the drums in both your saigas. NONE!

Next I have posted numourous times some super simple adjustments you can make. Like dropping the spring tension a little. Among other things. Hell, in this very thread! I wont repeat them. If you are interested in fixing your issues read them and take 5 to 20 minutes to do some very simple adjustments. It would be best to read the most resent thread in my section started by deerollman.

And last, I have a wraithmaker and tested it plenty. And the problems in it aren't even comparable! Not even a little. And not adjustable. If your MD-20 is so bad why haven't you sold it like the wraithmaker? I'm sure it will be easier done than when you resold your other drum.

I am including a trouble shooting section in the new instruction manual. And I am going to put a trouble shooting section up here as well. Not that it will change all that much since some people don't read anything anyways. But it will be there for the wise ones that do.

I'm closing this thread and poll. I think the numbers are solid and say it all. Especially if people read the posts and see the miniorness and simpleness to solve the very small percentage of reported issues.