Keep it boxed or shoot it??

I'm about to get my Saiga 7.62 X 39 with 16" barrel out of lay-a-way after 90 days of paying on it and wanted to ask you folks if I should "sit" on it or enjoy it? I bought it at the $220 price three months ago and now because of the fact that its not being imported now I have seen the price go up.

What to do? :eek:

Thanks for the input!

cgasperetti1

I agree, its a variant and will never be worth more than the others. Definately NOT worth the lack of enjoyment. For me the Saiga was the open door to the rest of the AK world. Shoot it, customize it, dont be afraid to modify it. And for heavens sake enjoy it! This is a great rifle that is loads of enjoyment and will never wear out. In my opinion, now is the time to sell it if your looking to make money on it. It may be inported by another company or it may go the way of the Norinco Hunter rifle. Either way, you should feel lucky that you got to own one while they were available.

The saiga's imported previously did not magically skyrocket in value as well.

Don't get me wrong, they are going up now, as everyone is rushing out to get one. But I dont think you'll see them go up like real FN's, Uzi's etc.

Also, unlike many other weapons, I think the Saiga's are better converted, than the "real virgin" deal.

cgarperitti1,

Shoot It. It will never be a collectors item worth appreciably more than current market. You can always trade or sell after use whether you convert or not.

If you convert you will never find a better AK variant for this kind of money.

Some guys have thought about buying these and converting them for profit. Can you imagine that? :rolleyes:

Wolverine

If you never open the box it will most assuredly be a worthwhile investment. HOWEVER with Wolf ammo selling at $99 per 1000 rounds, if you have the self controll to leave it in the box-- THEN YOU HAVE NO SOUL!-- :devil:

G O B