How do the Skeleton Stocks compare to converted?

• 3 weeks later...
Wondering for those who didn't convert and use the skeleton stock, how it feels? The Tapco with grip looks like it is at an awkward angle and too close to the trigger, but the Skeletons look okay. Does anyone have both, or felt both and have an opinion? Thanks.

I have a skeleton I'll sell you for 50 bucks. It was ok, but you still have to put up with the shitty trigger group.

Edited by renegadebuck

I have a Skeletons Stock on a Unconverted Saiga. It is pretty good for hunting with the adjustable cheek rest when using a scoop. And when you would like to use the 7.63x39 round instead of a larger round. It feels a bit funny if you not uses to it, you feel it right in your palm. Feels like an AMD 65 grip.

P.S. Yes I have done like 10+ covertion. Three on mine and 7 for friends.. It's very addicting and I love DIY projects..

I have a Skeletons Stock on a Unconverted Saiga. It is pretty good for hunting with the adjustable cheek rest when using a scoop. And when you would like to use the 7.63x39 round instead of a larger round. It feels a bit funny if you not uses to it, you feel it right in your palm. Feels like an AMD 65 grip.

P.S. Yes I have done like 10+ covertion. Three on mine and 7 for friends.. It's very addicting and I love DIY projects..

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tapco T6 stock with pistol grip on an unconverted .223 and while the factory stock setup was fine, the Tapco is WAY better to me! After that I installed a tri-rail forestock with a vertical grip and it's like a whole 'nuther creature!! I love this setup so much that I probably will not do a conversion on this one! My wife bought me a 21.8" 308 for Valentine's Day and that may be a different story...

It's really all depends on if you want to have to rely on US mags for 922® if you're planning on using mags with more than 10 rounds for rifles and 5 for shotguns. The triggers on factory Saigas are terrible, the Tapco G2 is leaps and bounds ahead of it.