Original, basic mags wanted

So this might sound funny, but I want to get a bunch of the standard, basic, 10-shot mags for taking to the range. Does anyone have their old one they want to sell, or know a good place to get them?

Saiga .223 (obviously) and I'd like to get about 10 of them.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

I suspect, once MSA's AR mag adapters are shipped, there'll be a few factory mags become available. I'll likely get rid of mine, at that time.

Edited by cma g21
So this might sound funny, but I want to get a bunch of the standard, basic, 10-shot mags for taking to the range. Does anyone have their old one they want to sell, or know a good place to get them?

Saiga .223 (obviously) and I'd like to get about 10 of them.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

I suspect, once MSA's AR mag adapters are shipped, there'll be a few factory mags become available. I'll likely get rid of mine, at that time.

How much would I be expecting to pay for a 10 shot mag?

If I could get 20 and 30 round mags for that price I wouldn't be sinking money into a mag adapter. Where are you finding these prices? I can't even find the ak74 waffle mags at that price anymore

The only ones I know of are ProMags:

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?pid=85054

My experience with ProMags (not for Saiga, but other types) has not inspired confidence in the brand. YMMV.

Edited by cma g21
If I could get 20 and 30 round mags for that price I wouldn't be sinking money into a mag adapter. Where are you finding these prices? I can't even find the ak74 waffle mags at that price anymore.

I see them at a few places online, between 20 and 30 dollars for a 20 or 30 mag.

Midwesthuntersoutlet has the cheapest I've seen so far for a 30 round for a saiga.

If you can find someone to sell you their 10 rnder for less than $20, jump on it. There is no REAL differance in price for rnd count. Many places only allow 10 rnd mags, which makes their Value possibly higher than higher cap mags. When I go out shooting for accuracy (my saiga is plenty accurate), i sure don't have a tacti-cool 20 or 30 rnd mag in the gun that needs my bags built up a foot, I use the 10 rnd mag. I am not selling my 10 rnd, but if I was It would NOT be for less than $20.

Edited by GreenEye