Conversion Questions

:blues: I plan to convert my S-12 to pistol grip configuration. I want to use the Romanian side folder stock and the SAW pistol grip. I plan to use the 8 rd. magazines. I know that a new fcg counts as three parts and the pg counts as one, do I need a fifth part? What is the fifth part if I need one? Does anyone make a US gas piston? Thanks for any information.

You need to LOOSE 4 'foreign' parts. FCG=3 parts. I am doing an underfolder on the wifes .410 so I am using the TAPCO gaspiston. There is a slight discrepancy in the threaded ends-the TAPCO has a flange and will require the SAIGA carrier to be milled about 3/16". I can do this in my drillpress with a tool that I have for milling chevy heads for screw in studs. Whenever all the parts get here and I get the shop cleared out to work, I will try to post pix in the .410 thread.

G O B

:blues: I plan to convert my S-12 to pistol grip configuration. I want to use the Romanian side folder stock and the SAW pistol grip. I plan to use the 8 rd. magazines. I know that a new fcg counts as three parts and the pg counts as one, do I need a fifth part? What is the fifth part if I need one? Does anyone make a US gas piston? Thanks for any information.

That's exactly the coniguration I have on my Saiga-12s. You need to swap out 3 parts, 4 if you add a pistol grip so you're fine w/just the fcg & pistol grip. You might consider picking up the Bulgarian strap-on AK rubber recoil pad if you're recoil sensitive. I can go about 30rds of full power buck/slug w/the Romy folder before I start to feel the recoil.

Tomac

FinishedSaigaS.jpg