In my opinion you should start with a quality piece that looks ugly and fires well. That way you will learn from your mistakes regarding the holster and storage scratches. :lolol:

If you want a high quality piece that looks nice too, I can only recomend what I have expierience with.

This is my wifes Taurus P92 9mm. It is her first handgun and it cost $380 including backround and tax. You can get this model in 9mm or .45 regular blue steel for about $280 OTD. Or $480 in ss with the gold switches and pearl grips :rolleyes: She settled on this model because it was full size (she doesent like compacts) and looked smooth and shiny. It also has a tactical rail for a flashlight or laser sight. Most of the Beretta 92f parts will fit this pistol too. But not grips for some reason :unsure:

My wife has tried all of my pistols before she picked out the Taurus. She didnt like my Ruger .357 wheel or .40 semi based on kick. She still wanted a .45 can you believe that? I talked her into the 9mm for her first pistol. She thinks my Walther ppk is too "girly" and wants a pistol that will be respected in size and caliber at the range that she will be able to control. A full size framed handgun is a little tough to carry IMO if your not used to it, but its ok, because she doesent carry anyway.

I find the Taurus to be a smooth fireing and relatively acurate pistol. The down side is that the sights are not adjustable. It has never jammed or misfired and is very easy to take apart and clean. It has a decocker, ambidextrious safety, half cock feature, SA/DA, the mag release can be switched to either side and it has an allen head screw in the handle that locks out the action so that it cannot be fired or loaded. They supply a little key to keep on your keychain to turn the screw.

Taurus also gave her a free one year membership to the NRA and a standard capacity magazine (15 rounds) to go with the low cap (10)Ofcourse we already bought the 30 rounder for it at Cabelas :super: Taurus also warranties this pistol for life no matter who owns it. I dont carry this pistol unless I plan on whipping it out to show everybody because its so big. I like the small Walthers and revolvers for carry, but I would feel confident in this handgun to save my life.

For a beginners pistol I would recommend a Makarov, CZ or other highly dependable military type sidearm, but they are usually not much to look at and have very limited upgrades available. The Taurus is inexpensive (compared to my rugers) good looking, highly dependable quality and alot of fun to bolt stuff onto.

I hope this helps a little.

<<edit>> OOPS! forgot the picture.

post-20-1106863081.jpg

Edited by pistonring8

Glock 17 :super:

Indestructable, reliable, accurate, takes down for cleaning quick and easy with no tools in less than 10 seconds, has about 1/2 the # of parts of others (34), 3 built in independant automatic safeties, optional interchangeable barrels, rail for accs., will hold 19 rounds 9mm in standard mag, light weight, did I already mention indestructable?, can be dropped loaded in sand, muddy water or just about anything including from 300' up in a helcopter onto concrete and then be picked up and fired. (don't want to here it from you glock haters, it's been done)

And of course comes in Evil :devil: Black!

Also I recomend the light trigger spring, reduces pull from 5.5lb to 3.5.

aaHHH!

It's a toss up between a cheaper CZ or FN or dropping some more $$ on a glock 19. I have smaller hands, so i would like that.

I am 20 but my dad said he would buy it for me. As far as i know you can't buy it but you can carry one in a vehicle in the trunk in a locked case. Does this sound right to you guys?

Ricky