Tromix FCG or Tapco FCG?

Hi All,

I ordered and received a FCG for my first conversion today.

I ordered the Tromix FCG but think I was sent the Tapco FCG.

Trigger and hammer are both stamped Tapco USA.

Does Tony modify the Tapcos or are his clearly marked Tromix?

I compared the hammer to the one in my gun and there is more metal

on the top of the hammer on the Tapco that I have then the one in the gun.

Is there a way to be sure that I got the correct (Tromix)FCG and not a standard Tapco by mistake?

Thanks

Hi All,

I ordered and received a FCG for my first conversion today.

I ordered the Tromix FCG but think I was sent the Tapco FCG.

Trigger and hammer are both stamped Tapco USA.

Does Tony modify the Tapcos or are his clearly marked Tromix?

I compared the hammer to the one in my gun and there is more metal

on the top of the hammer on the Tapco that I have then the one in the gun.

Is there a way to be sure that I got the correct (Tromix)FCG and not a standard Tapco by mistake?

Thanks

A Tapco g2 Hammer will not fit your Saiga-12 unless it is moded. The "horn" on the hammer will not clear the frame.

Thanks again all.

I spoke with the seller and it seams I do have the Tromix Modified one after all.

The Tapco I.D. threw me off. I have since learned that Tony uses the original Tapco G2 and modifies it.

Probably a pretty newb mistake.

This is my first conversion and I truly appreciate the advise received on this site.

Maybe I'l try the Texas Trigger on my next one.

Our triggers do not have the issues that Tromix 'fixes' in the Tapco models.

They are ready to go, right out of the gate.

All US made AK triggers will have to be fitted for BHO usage, though (including ours).

I'm sorry but that is incorrect. Understandably an honest mistake....having not tried installing one in an S-12 before....

*Post edited to delete dead link*

Edited by Cobra 76 two
Our triggers do not have the issues that Tromix 'fixes' in the Tapco models.

They are ready to go, right out of the gate.

All US made AK triggers will have to be fitted for BHO usage, though (including ours).

Can you please explain what "issues" Tapco has that yours does not? I have had several customers say that they have been told there is no fitting needed to yours and I have considered selling them. It looks like the same amount of filing is required so these will work in the S-12.

Thanks,

Greg

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to learn about the FCG's available for the S12, so I looked up this thread. I tried opening the link from Texas AK Triggers sig, and the link Cobra provided, but both of them gave me this error message: "We could not find the forum you were attempting to view". Anybody know what happened, and where I can find the thread Cobra was linking to? Is this a temporary forum glitch or are the links broken?

I'm trying to learn about the FCG's available for the S12, so I looked up this thread. I tried opening the link from Texas AK Triggers sig, and the link Cobra provided, but both of them gave me this error message: "We could not find the forum you were attempting to view". Anybody know what happened, and where I can find the thread Cobra was linking to? Is this a temporary forum glitch or are the links broken?

Sorry about that.

The links are now dead. They used to go to a section that is no longer here. I'll fix mine now....

The Texas Trigger is basically just like any other AK FCG (except RSA), as far as the components are concerned. There are subtle differences that you will learn about if you contact the MFG. One is, the face of the trigger itself has raised longitudinal ribs, similar to some pistol triggers. It has a nice feel.

Other than that...some of the angles are cut differently, but basically it's got 4 parts just like the Tapco, or Tromix FCG...

1. hammer

2. trigger

3. disconnector

4. disconnector spring

With the TT and the Tapco, the hammer must be modified, as explained above, to work in an S-12. The "horn" has to be removed from the front bottom portion so it will clear the cross member.

About the only difference between the Tromix and Tapco hammers is this step has been done for you by Tromix, on a Tapco FCG...along with the other mod that must be done for any of these to work in a Saiga rifle...the Rt end of the axle sleeve, next to the BHO, has to be shaved down some, as said above, to allow room for that extra part that is not found in other AKs, which the Tapco and the TT were designed to drop into without mods.

There is one more difference too, the Tromix and TT come with a shephard's crook (or a version of it), to retain the axis pins. With the Tapco you have to buy something to perform that job.

• Like 1