Interested in Saiga-12 Vortex style muzzle attachments?

Hello, Would anyone out there be interested in Vortex style flashider/breaching standoff threaded for Saiga 12? The vortex style is an effective and already accepted configuration on rifles. The prongs would act as a standoff in a breaching situation with a shotgun allowing plenty of slot space for debris and wadding to escape. I'm not sure but the vortex may be effective in flash reduction on a short barreled shotgun. Anyway, a friend of mine made me some vortex style flashiders for .223 aks a couple of years ago and is checking on the availability of a machine tap for the S-12 threads. Let me know your take on this and if things work out we may be in business. Thanks, Paul

Hello, Would anyone out there be interested in Vortex style flashider/breaching standoff threaded for Saiga 12? The vortex style is an effective and already accepted configuration on rifles. The prongs would act as a standoff in a breaching situation with a shotgun allowing plenty of slot space for debris and wadding to escape. I'm not sure but the vortex may be effective in flash reduction on a short barreled shotgun. Anyway, a friend of mine made me some vortex style flashiders for .223 aks a couple of years ago and is checking on the availability of a machine tap for the S-12 threads. Let me know your take on this and if things work out we may be in business. Thanks, Paul

Hey Paul, I had looked into getting some made myself. It would be an interesting design on a Saiga12. If I had the correct tap, that would have already been made.

I think you should build it. As long as they look good, they probably have a chance at selling because lets be honest, half of the people around here have come to the conclusion that most of the barrel furniture available for shotguns are little more than ways to dress them up. Along that vein (vain), the more choices out there, the better, so I vote do it. After testing, it may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to adding that final bit of control to the escaping gas bubble as the payload exits. Tightening groups and stablizing sabots as well.

On the other hand, I say you should design two. Make one with tight tolerance to the inner diameter of the barrel, so the full effect of the piece can be evaluated, and one that exceeds the outer diameter pretty much rendering it purely cosmetic. If the viable unit turns out to be just a pure pattern destroying, cup ripping nightmare, the non-functioning one will probably still move some units.