where do u file the surefire 13 rd mags??

i just recieved my 1st surefire mag today and i wanted to go outside to shoot it right now :killer: live out in the country love how the saiga echos at 2am hehe :lolol: ne'who just took it out the factory package and it doesnt fit in my saiga!! i heard on sum mags they require filing but i have 4 agp and the factory 5 rd and none ever had to be filed where exactly am i suppost to shave?? are all the surefire mags suppost to come like that :unsure: pics would be a big help thanks.......gunrunna47

Odd. I just picked up my Saiga yesterday and the two 12-round mags I have snap right in and fit perfectly.

Some people get all the luck it seems.... Neither of the ones I received 6 hours ago fit or locked in at all. Of course its par for the course for me. I have one of the "Vodka Special" serial #'s and it FTEs like a mofo unless I use 00 buck.

FWIW I wasn't trying to blame anyone for teh mag problem. I just want to know how to fix it.

Most of the time you would need to file the bottom of the locking tab of the magazine to make the angle just a little bit steeper for the locking lever to go past it...

This picture is of the 5-round mag, but the idea is exactly the same....

5rd_mag_adjustment.jpg

Click on the picture to enlarge it!

File a little at the time, until it locks - you do not want to ever do it.

The original Russian magazines, at some point, had a manual with them that described this exact process....... :) I guess it is always better when it is snug then loose....

Hi guys!

With mine, it was a matter of the back corners of the mag being too square and the mag well having the rear corners slightly rounded. So I just rounded the corners on the mag slightly and they went right in.

If you can get the magazine into the well, but not get it to lock, then file where Makc shows. If you can't get them into the well, try rounding the corners a little.

I hope this helps.

Corbin

Hi guys!

With mine, it was a matter of the back corners of the mag being too square and the mag well having the rear corners slightly rounded. So I just rounded the corners on the mag slightly and they went right in.

If you can get the magazine into the well, but not get it to lock, then file where Makc shows. If you can't get them into the well, try rounding the corners a little.

I hope this helps.

Corbin

I received 2 of these mags today and did the exact same thing that Corbin did to fix my problem. When you try to use a little force to get the mag inserted, you will see where the metal is hitting against the plastic, just take a little off there and it will slide right in.

Hi guys!

I hope this helps.

Corbin

I received 2 of these mags today and did the exact same thing that Corbin did to fix my problem. When you try to use a little force to get the mag inserted, you will see where the metal is hitting against the plastic, just take a little off there and it will slide right in.

Now I don't feel bad. I too picked up 2 magazines. My mags go in but won't lock. So it sounds like I need to file at the locking point. I was worried that I was the only one. Glad I decided to join and log on.

Welcome to the forum Olskool_al.

You'll find a wealth of information here.

If you can get the mags to go into the mag well, but not lock, then definitely do what Makc suggested. Easy does it though. Just take off a little at a time and check for fit often. Be sure the mag catch goes forward all the way and not just partially. Otherwise, the mag can come out with the recoil of the gun.

Corbin

Welcome to the forum Olskool_al.

You'll find a wealth of information here.

If you can get the mags to go into the mag well, but not lock, then definitely do what Makc suggested. Easy does it though. Just take off a little at a time and check for fit often. Be sure the mag catch goes forward all the way and not just partially. Otherwise, the mag can come out with the recoil of the gun.

Corbin

Thanks will do. I am a machinist, so a little material removal shouldn't be a problem. Just needed to know where to start.