ACE SOCOM stock {feedback needed}

Hello forum. I have just purchased a new Saiga 12. I will be doing the conversion soon and have not been able to decide on which stock to get. I love the look of the SOCOM from ACE...but I have heard it may not hold up well. Even their site says it's not meant to hold up to larger calibers. To those that have this stock how has it held up?

thanks,

Obake

Just a word of caution, if you order anything from Ace, prepare yourself for an extremely long wait to get your parts. I'm talking months and months. I waited for parts from Ace for over two months before I finally canceled the order and went a different route. Not to mention their customer service is horrible and I mean horrible.

DT

I had an M4 SOCOM on my S-308 for a while, and it seemed to get wedged into position after a while. I never took it apart to see what was getting peened over, but I imagine it was the engagement slot on the buffer tube being elongated. I could still change positions after 30 and 40 rounds per session, and it's still fully adjustable, but I now have it on my AR, so hopefully it won't get hammered too badly now.

Slightly related, I would suggest the longer version, I got the shorter one, and it's probably on par with a Warsaw length stock.

Hope that shed some light,

Acer

No problems with the SOCOM on the S12. Mine is the older design with the round detent plunger and I would expect the later rectangular plunger is even stronger. There is room for 1 Ace thin lock ring between the adapter and the stock and that's it. The threads worked out nearly perfectly with just a tiny fraction of a thread left to tighten.