Saiga 12 conversion questions (bet you havent heard that before)

Hey all,

I'm new guy here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing homework. But even though I've searched around, I still have a few questions about parts concerning the saiga 12

The Tromix DIYS trigger guard looks like a rocking alternative to putting the knife to my receiver, my only concerns are; Will it work with a standard AK grip? I've never been partial to the saw ones and The person I spoke with at Tromix said they haven't tested them with anything but the saw grips. Concern # 2 how stable is the platform once installed (it looks solid, but I thought I should ask those who have them installed) I want to avoid any grip wobble.

I'm interested in using the tapco folding stock but noticed not many people use them around here, any reasons?

and finally, how do you put these things down? this shotgun seems to follow me wherever I go. this has to be the most exciting piece of hardware I've owned so far. :smoke:

Thanks!

Edited by Trent

the only problem you might run into using a standard style grip with the tromix is that you have to use a long grip screw... and tromix provides a grip screw a regular grip screw will bottom out.. you might have to shave the bolt or it might just bolt up...

The folks at Tromix report that their trigger guard can be modified to work with a standard AK grip. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. As to grip wobble that is rather a standard problem with the AK platform that the DIY Trigger guard seems to improve greatly. It will reinforce the whole mounting area on the bottom side of the receiver.

The Tapco folding stock it a good stock for the money and is fine on a $265 AK... The Saigas no longer fall into that category and they are kind of springy and basic for most people's taste. However you will find a good many people here on the board that have used it successfully!

As to putting them down, my solution was to use a sling...

SiCaRiO sweet looking S12's!!!

Any other mods needed to fit standard AK grip to Tromix DIY TG?

Does the standard AK grip fit flush to the receiver?

well you just made me use a standard AK grip with a tromix diy.. and theres no wobble you have to grind at least .360 of the long tapco screw..

Picture003.jpg

Hey all,

I'm new guy here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing homework. But even though I've searched around, I still have a few questions about parts concerning the saiga 12

I'm interested in using the tapco folding stock but noticed not many people use them around here, any reasons?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the TAPCO Galil style folding stock? If so...

I have personally owned one and they are cheap crap. Trust me.

I was so dissappointed once I took it out of the package and mounted it on the shotgun. I sold it (at a loss) quick!

You would be ALOT better off ordering an ACE or Tromix stock in the folder configuration. There are alot of other options as well,

but personally I would stay WAY clear of a Tapco folding stock.

I love folding stocks but I would rather have a straight stock than put a TAPCO folder on my shotgun. They are that bad...

Ask anyone.

LB

SiCaRiO sweet looking S12's!!!

Any other mods needed to fit standard AK grip to Tromix DIY TG?

Does the standard AK grip fit flush to the receiver?

well you just made me use a standard AK grip with a tromix diy.. and theres no wobble you have to grind at least .360 of the long tapco screw..

Picture003.jpg

nope no other mods just, grind and then polish threads on the grip screw..if you mess the threads up might be handy to have a tap and die kit to re thread.. but i did not have to. It sits flush on the receiver with no wiggle room no motion...