I made mine by going to REI and getting 1" black web, some slide buckles and a snap hook. Also, if you are not a snob, a bunch of the airsoft suppliers on EBAY sell them for a fraction of what tactical dealers charge. Unless your are planning on spending the next year in Iraq with your sling, it will work well.

On my 7.62 build I have a Romanian folder where the sling loop is up right against the rear of the receiver. With this setup I use a standard East German sling, loop it through the rear sling loop like normal, wrap it up over my left shoulder, then under my right arm, and hook the clip back onto the rear sling swivel. Instant one point sling. This is a method the Russian soldiers used when they visited Camp Lejeune to do some training with us. Now it's the only method I use. I'll get a pic up once I get a chance.

Edited by AEnemaBay
On my 7.62 build I have a Romanian folder where the sling loop is up right against the rear of the receiver. With this setup I use a standard East German sling, loop it through the rear sling loop like normal, wrap it up over my left shoulder, then under my right arm, and hook the clip back onto the rear sling swivel. Instant one point sling. This is a method the Russian soldiers used when they visited Camp Lejeune to do some training with us. Now it's the only method I use. I'll get a pic up once I get a chance.

id like to see some pictures of this..

I like regular 2-point AK carry straps; You can go African carry or American for walking long distances, Across the back for climbing or crawling, across the chest for ready while performing tasks, use the sling to steady the rifle for aimed fire, and get out of that sucker quick if you need to go prone or ditch the rifle. I have tried all of the "tacti-cool" carry methods out there and have gone full circle back to the simple nylon 2-point carry strap.

IMHO, single point slings are great for tactical CQB team tactics (like swat and military entry), but have little utility and are not very effective for much else. For a civilian defending the home or SHTF scenario, the simple cheap 2-point carry strap is the king.

If you look in the upper left corner of the pic, you will see a buckle keeper in mid sling. This allows the sling to be used as a standard sling, or over the shoulder, etc. Very versatile set up. Mostly, I wrap the neck pad over both sides of the loop, lengthen it out, and use it over the left shoulder like a patrol sling. This is my personal preference. I used an padded M60 sling on my M4, and my XM177 I had on the SO.

Edited by imarangemaster

id like to see some pictures of this..

Here ya go! Oh and don't mind the AK, it's a WASR that's getting a face lift.

Step 1 - Set-up sling in accordance with standard military procedure:

IMG_1577.jpg

Step 2 - Un-hook clip from front sling loop:

IMG_1578.jpg

Step 3 - Re-hook onto rear sling swivel:

IMG_1579.jpg

Step 4 - Place right arm and head through loop:

IMG_1581.jpg

Step 5 - After realizing that you're getting fat in the last pic, put down beer, go to gym:

-NO PIC, AT GYM!-

But seriously, I'm getting fat.

Edited by AEnemaBay

IMARANGEMASTER, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!! I have been shoppin round for a decent sling and after reading your post, I went to e-bay and low and behold, picked one up for $10.99, shipping and insurance included!! And I am a powerseller on E-bay......I am soo ashamed! LOL