Has anyone use www.tac47industries.com for a S12 conversion? If so how did it turn out?

I take it you contacted Elk River Tool and Die via email and got a response from the owner of this place? That's what happened to me at least. I emailed ERT&D about cutting the flanges in my barrel and I got a response from this guy offering to do the work through his company. Wierd.

Has anyone use www.tac47industries.com for a S12 conversion? If so how did it turn out?

I take it you contacted Elk River Tool and Die via email and got a response from the owner of this place? That's what happened to me at least. I emailed ERT&D about cutting the flanges in my barrel and I got a response from this guy offering to do the work through his company. Wierd.

Same or affiliated company, or maybe just neighbors?:

Elk River Tool and Die

8777 Tallyho Road

Bldg 1A, Suite 1

Houston, Texas 77061

http://www.elkrivertoolanddie.com/contact.htm

Tac 47 Industries

8777 Tallyho Rd.

Houston Tx. 77061

http://www.tac47industries.com/contact_us.php

AEnemaBay

What made your decision on going with him?

He had the same prices as ERT&D and he was accepting work. I've tried calling a bunch of other smiths that were setup to cut the flange but their prices were either a little steep or they weren't accepting any work. I don't know how his price fairs to other builders who do whole conversions though. I did everything myself except the flanges since I'm not setup to do them. And you really can't beat $25 so I figured what the hell.

Edited by AEnemaBay
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to clear things up, Yes we are located at the same address and we share a shop, some of the custom work from Elk river they contract to us. and Yes we are a licenced Gunsmith and also a Manufacture of small arms/SBR/PISTOL AK ECT