My New 3 port Saiga SN HO84337xx

I recently recieved a new S12, it has 3 ports with SN HO84337xx made 9 Sept 08. I inspectect the gas ports and found all of them exposted, one close to the side but has enough clearence for me to fit a pipe cleaner through. I took it to the range with the following results:

1. Shot 30 winchester 2 3/4 slugs at 50 yards using the iron sights. No misfeeds average group was 2 inches. I did have to use a hammer and drift to adjust windage, but was able to zero in 5 rounds. All rounds were fired from a 12rd sure fire mag loaded to capacity.

2. I attempted to fire some 3in winchester #6 shot from a 12 rd mag but had some FTEs and Failure to Feed on the first few rounds in the mag. I adjusted the gas plug to 2, but it didn't help. I adjusted the gas plug to #1 but added one revolution and shot two more 2 3/4in slugs through it. Then tried some 3in #6 shot some more and it worked with no problem at all with the setting on #1, but one revolution losened turn. However, I did not have enough 3in 6 shot left to fill a 12 rd mag so I can't confirm that the problem was not the mag, about 8rnds. Maybe it can't cycle 3in shells loaded to capacity. I will have to do more shooting to confirm this. I had not problems shooting 2 3/4 slugs loaded to capacity. The brass in my 3in shells was also burred from when I dry cycled the shells the night before this could have caused the shells to catch the inside of the mag. Any thoughts?

3. I next fired 24x Federal low brass 2 3/4in #7 1/2 shot, the weakest I could find. I put the gas plug on 2 and fired two 12 rd mags without any problem. The gun seemed to cycle in slow motion, but it cycled flawlessly.

4. Am I safe to assume that I don't have one of those "Vodka Special" lemons that will require me to send it back?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Am I safe to assume that I don't have one of those "Vodka Special" lemons that will require me to send it back?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The proof is in the pudding, and if it fires now it'll fire better a few hundred rounds from now(given proper care and maintenance).

I would say you have dodged the bullet, others results may vary.

Your gun should start to feed better as you put more rounds through it. Mine also has a 3 hole port, serial #H084395XX and it started off FTE low brass about ever 5th round or so. After about 50 rounds the FTE issue is gone and it feeds and ejects fine now.....

Only put 10 rounds of low brass through my H08437xxx (can only clearly see one hole, but I think I can make out the other two...didn't have a decent poking tool at hand when I checked it) on setting 2 when I got it and it stovepiped on the 5th/last round both times. Still need to have the sights adjusted...it's way outta wack...

I have a 3 port Saiga 12 S/N H08435XXX

On setting 2:

It wont cycle Winchester Universal (No surprise)

It wont cycle Federal 1 1/8oz Sport Loads

It wont cycle Winchester 1300 FPS AA

It wont cycle Federal Tactical 00 Buck

It won't cycle Federal Tactical Slugs

ALL the above shells produce single shot results.

Only shells (so far) this damned thing eats on setting 1 is the Federal Classic 00 Buck.

On setting 1:

I think it cycles Winchester Xpert 3 in #4 shot (long story)