Conversions

I'm a noob to the saiga shotgun. I Just got mine and want to convert it. There are so many different views and parts,some one help me out with a parts list and one vendor that I can get it from, I found a auction on gun broker for a pistol grip conversion but it says it uses the original shear and shear sleeve. I know some one is going to say use the search feature but its confusing with how many different ones there are. Maybe you guys can come up with a list and make it a sticky. Thank you in advanced.

Well, I'm a little biased but I recommend:

1) Tromix DIY triggerguard

2) SAW Grip

3) Tromix FCG

With the above parts you can easily do your own conversion. For 922r compliance you'll still need to replace 1 more part. May I recommend:

1) Tromix handguard w/bracket

2) Tromix stock

To use our stock you must either use our weld-on plate or use an ACE receiver block. A hinge can also be used with this setup if you want a folder.

Of course if you prefer a fixed stock you can go with a regular AK stock; makes sure it's US made if you need it to count for compliance.

I just did mine and it couldnt have been eaiser. The only issue I had was with the BHO spring and I found my answer here on the forums.

Here are the 922r pieces I added:

FOREARM-SGM TACTICAL GEN. 1 SAIGA 12 GAUGE TRI-RAIL

STOCK-SAIGA/AK 47 TAPCO T-6 COLLAPSIBLE BLACK

TRIGGER GROUP-TROMIX SAIGA FIRE CONTROL GROUP

TRIGGER GUARD-SAIGA 12 TROMIX D-I-Y

SAIGA 12 TROMIX FLASH HIDER

I plan on adding the TAPCO Gas Piston as soon as CGW is done fixing my barrel.

Extra Goodies:

GRIP-SAIGA, AK47 SAW-STYLE PISTOL

2 Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun 12rd Magazine

VERTICAL GRIP - FOLDING

MOUNT-SAIGA AK47 SIDE RAIL LOW PROFILE

BEC SP-1 Panoramic Red Dot Sight

Target Sports Tactical LED Flashlight

I HIGHLY recommend TROMIX, CSS and CGW.

To use our stock you must either use our weld-on plate or use an ACE receiver block. A hinge can also be used with this setup if you want a folder.

Which ACE received block and hinge is needed to add a Tromix stock? When I look at the ACE web site there appears to be more than one type of received block and hinge. Thanks.

Which ACE received block and hinge is needed to add a Tromix stock? When I look at the ACE web site there appears to be more than one type of received block and hinge. Thanks.

Any of them will work.

Obviously there are only two choices for a stock block - the internal and external (no mods) type. Either hinge will work, but I'd recommend against the push-button version.

These all have universal (among Ace products) mounting solutions. The Tromix stock utilizes the same setup.

Maybe you guys can answer a question I have and cant seem to figure out.

My parts list for my S12 is:

Tapco T6 stock

Tapco SAW grip

Tromix Trigger group

Tromix backplate

Tromix DIY trigger guard Or Saigatech trigger guard (have both cant decide)

SAW grip nut and bolt

Chaos Tri Rail

Chaos Warthog Breacher

Chaos Porkypine

Chaos package #5

My question is what do I need to attach the T6 stock to the receiver?

I thought you could use either the ACE internal block or the Tromix Weld on backplate.

I bought the tromix backplate because you cant find an ace block anywhere.

Will that do it or is neither necessary?

ive been going through the threads and it seems in parts lists when they list the conversion parts it seems sometimes the

block or backplate is mentioned and sometimes not. I orignally ass-u-me-d that you needed one or the other for all stocks no matter what but maybe not so..

Help?