Galil top cover on S12?

Anyone out ther ever modify a Galil top cover to fit on an S12? I had an extra one laying around, took out the bolt group, and tried to put it on. It looks like it would go into the gas tube groove, and the retining groove in the rear with a little tweaking, and of course I know it would have to be trimmed to clear the larger port openings, and the larger trunion. Just wondered if it had been tried before.

post-8859-1235007493_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007535_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007592_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007618_thumb.jpg

Anyone out ther ever modify a Galil top cover to fit on an S12? I had an extra one laying around, took out the bolt group, and tried to put it on. It looks like it would go into the gas tube groove, and the retining groove in the rear with a little tweaking, and of course I know it would have to be trimmed to clear the larger port openings, and the larger trunion. Just wondered if it had been tried before.

post-8859-1235007493_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007535_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007592_thumb.jpg

post-8859-1235007618_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of buying one and trying it. can you post a pic of it on the s12 for alignment front and rear

Like This?

Sagilil4.jpg

Yeah - that's what I'm talking about! I find it interesting that out of three different Galil top covers that were posted, all three have different types of sights. LEO - what did you do for a front sight? I noticed both of you had the left side safety mod - what parts did you use for that (modified stock Galil, or total custom)? I think no matter how much trouble you guys went through to make these - they are the most practicle for real world use with the Galil LH safety, and should shoulder and point as well as a Galil. Very Nice! :super:

If you couldn't figure out - I am a big Galil/Valmet fan!

Like This?

Sagilil4.jpg

Yeah - that's what I'm talking about! I find it interesting that out of three different Galil top covers that were posted, all three have different types of sights. LEO - what did you do for a front sight? I noticed both of you had the left side safety mod - what parts did you use for that (modified stock Galil, or total custom)? I think no matter how much trouble you guys went through to make these - they are the most practicle for real world use with the Galil LH safety, and should shoulder and point as well as a Galil. Very Nice! :super:

If you couldn't figure out - I am a big Galil/Valmet fan!

The 2 topcovers that 7.62m43 and C&S Metall-W posted look like either Galil Hadar.308 covers or Norinco Hunter with the screw tabs cut off............

The 2 topcovers that 7.62m43 and C&S Metall-W posted look like either Galil Hadar.308 covers or Norinco Hunter with the screw tabs cut off............

Loner 42 - good to hear from you again! I knew you were into the Galil/Golani, and Saiga rifles - but not the S12. That was C&S Metal-Werks, and LEO - The one I posted was off of a Golani that Century had to replace due to the poor fit. They sent me a replacement, and didn't want the old TC back.