Front sight/Gas block

Since the S12 comes from the factory with a front sight on the gas block, maybe you'd better post a picture of what you're looking for.

Edit to add: There are no aftermarket gas blocks available that I know of, though there are some front sights.

Edited by BobAsh
I tried searching this and didn't find an answer, does anybody make a front sight/gas block combo for the saiga 12? I've got one on my AK and I'd kinda like them to match if possible. Thanks for the help.

Like this - only for the S12? Let me know if you locate one!!!

post-8859-1235166507_thumb.jpg

like I said before - if you locate one, let me know! Here is a link to a thread that shows one someone made from a Galil front sight - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18158 and here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=36035 . The problem with the one in the picture I posted, is that you would loose the gas plug. I understand the Molot(?) made shotguns have a sight similar to what you seek, and use a different gas system that is self adjusting. They are the ones with the short peice of rail on the bottom of the gas chamber. I'll see if I can locate a pic of the one I am talking about.

That's exactly what I have in mind. Kinda like the ak-104 front sight gas block.

Found it! I wouldn't know where to find one here in the US - but if you have any conections in Russia - you might be able to find one there.

Yes...except that is a Saiga-12 EXP-01 ver.030 not a VEPR, but they have many things in common....including the self-regulating gas block. B)

I'm looking to. RAA is not legally able to get them!

If you could just get the sight/gas block combo - you could probably fit it, or have it fitted to the basic S12 without too much trouble. And surely the part must be importable!

I have been looking for a while on how to get or make the parts to clone saiga exp 01-030. Parts like the GB/FSB and the RSB as well as the hinged receiver cover with picatinny rail just do not exist here. Also it uses a different style gas piston and bolt carrier push rod.

I'm looking to. RAA is not legally able to get them!

If you could just get the sight/gas block combo - you could probably fit it, or have it fitted to the basic S12 without too much trouble. And surely the part must be importable!

RAA is not legally able to import parts other then whats on the present sporting versions , I checked with them. It would be nice if we could find a UK dealer willing to put some Saiga-12 EXP-01 ver.030 conversion sets together for use. :super:

Anyone have a Saiga-12 EXP-01 ver.030 they could take many photos of?

Edited by rodm1