GALIL-SAIGA pic

We normally don't do Saiga conversions, but a good customer wanted us to make this, so we took on the job.

We are installing the left-side Galil safety lever right now. Front sight dovetail still needs to be machined. Gun is 18" but we did our small-port SBS gas-system to it, as customer is going to register it as 12" SBS at later date.

Will be completed and finished in few days, will post pics of it when done.

Thanks,

Matt

C&S Metall-Werkes

http://www.csm-w.com

terrys_saigazzz.jpg

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes
We normally don't do Saiga conversions, but a good customer wanted us to make this, so we took on the job.

We are installing the left-side Galil safety lever right now. Front sight dovetail still needs to be machined. Gun is 18" but we did our small-port SBS gas-system to it, as customer is going to register it as 12" SBS at later date.

Will be completed and finished in few days, will post pics of it when done.

Thanks,

Matt

C&S Metall-Werkes

http://www.csm-w.com

terrys_saigazzz.jpg

Can you post a picture of the finished product. Have you figured out what a conversion like that will cost in the future? Are you a business member here?

Looks very nice. I want to do the Galil type charging handle on one of my S12's.

Ha.....just when you thought you were done with Saiga's for awhile. I'd be interested to see how the thumb safety works out, are you using a auto style (pull back to fire) lever, or a semi (push foreward)?

Still need to take a run by your shop again and look at some AR stuff. The builds looking good, my assumption is that your using the AR rear sight that you had on your build. If so, the customer should be happy with the picture.

I don't get by the forum as often as I used to, good to see local stuff. If you have a picture on file, send me a copy of the hot hot AK, that thing's an awesome example of the abuse an AK can take and still live.

Later, Mark

Ha.....just when you thought you were done with Saiga's for awhile. I'd be interested to see how the thumb safety works out, are you using a auto style (pull back to fire) lever, or a semi (push foreward)?

Still need to take a run by your shop again and look at some AR stuff. The builds looking good, my assumption is that your using the AR rear sight that you had on your build. If so, the customer should be happy with the picture.

I don't get by the forum as often as I used to, good to see local stuff. If you have a picture on file, send me a copy of the hot hot AK, that thing's an awesome example of the abuse an AK can take and still live.

Later, Mark

Hi Mark!!!

Thumb-safety is the normal straight one, not the knob. Top-cover and sight(s) are Galil. The TC was a bitch to fit, and even the bolt-carrier had to be modded for it to work. Cocking handle came off a Galil carrier, but are available through Tromix.

I sold my S-12, but I have been using one of the 12.5" shop's S-12's I built ... 500rds of Wally World through it, (a handful of FTF ... mag related) without a hitch .... opened up the gas-assy to clean it ... shit nothing in there ..... could have run another 500 :super:

Come by the shop and hangout again B)

Matt

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Tony, the vents are just astetic, to clean up the HG/bbl space. They are modified heat-shields off of our Krinker-Plinker kits.

Got to shoot one of your Tromix 8" guns a couple of months ago....VERY NICE!

Just finished the safety lever. LOTS of work to massage it all to get it all to align correctly during assembly. Lots of fine-tuning to get it all to work smooth and light, so easy to manipulate with thumb.

Extend the mag catch-lever, install the front sight, minor fitting/etc and parkerize. Hope to be done and pix up by Thursday.

DSC01856.jpg

Looks sweet! Job well done. I like the use of the slotted heat shield over the bbl to cover the HG gaps. That might be something to consider on my own conversion...

I agree. Whe I built the initial guns for the shop-members, I was really unhappy with the gap. The ventilated shield really gave it a finished look, looks really nice on the S-12

Thanks for the props.

Looks sweet! Job well done. I like the use of the slotted heat shield over the bbl to cover the HG gaps. That might be something to consider on my own conversion...

I agree. Whe I built the initial guns for the shop-members, I was really unhappy with the gap. The ventilated shield really gave it a finished look, looks really nice on the S-12

Thanks for the props.

+1 on the shield!

Finished....FINALLY...FACK!

All that is left is paperwork for SBS, then heads to Tromix for chop and one of Tony's muzzle brakes :smoke:

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

Hope you guys like it :wub:

• 1 year later...

Man I love when people resurrect cool old threads like this! What a sweet build that was! I was a little surprised not to see any more Galil safety levers surface after that, but as I recall, that's a hell of a lot of fitting. Need to revisit the S-12 pic thread again and see it finished...