Heads up New 410 ammo

saiga410ammo8by.jpg

This ad apeared in the March/April issue of Rifleshooter magazine. Notice there are slugs and buckshot listed.

http://www.dkgtrading.com/bearammo/gbsshell.html

Lists it as #4 buckshot which is a .24" diameter lead ball.

Checking all the retail dealers links on the Bear site none of the had any.

Anyone know any more on this?

It says right in the add, that it is a product of the Barnaul company....

Might as well just buy barnaul... without the fancy repackaging... Barnaul has been around a long time... its good ammo (IMHO).

I cant see how a brass coating on the steel case can make TOO MUCH difference... Probbaly just marketing HYPE....

I love Barnaul in my .410... the STEEL cases are VERY cool looking, not to mention they LOAD so much easier in the magazines than the plastic cased .410 loads.

My .410 shoots ALL the Barnaul stuff I can run thru it NO PROBLEM... shot, slugs... perfect!

I am sure these will shoot JUST AS GOOD... and if the price is the SAME or better... go for them!!!

Silver or Gold... your choice now! :)

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

If it's anything like the older silver bear slugs, be careful. I had a couple FTEs on a break-over 410 that ended up with split/cracked shell casings caused by the actual shot, not me shoving a ramrod down the barrel to eject the damn thing. Just FYI.

Well the only thing imported so far by Barnaul is slugs and #3 birdshot. The #4 buck sounds like a home defense load. I was wondering if anyone has seen any yet.

I have a bunch of #2 Barnaul shot that I got from a gun show. Works great on geese!

I would like to try the buckshot. I wonder how many balls are in there?