ANYONE HAVE SIGHTS?

:eek: OK I SEE SOME TALK OF PROBLEMS WITH THE RAIL SIGHT I HAVE IT AS WELL AND IT IS A PROBLEM WHY? SEEMS IT ONLY ADJUSTS FOR WINGAGE NO ELEVATION ? IT ALSO SEEMS A LITTLE CROOKED? AND IS JUST ALL AROUND KINDA CHEAP. THERE WAS SOMEONE IN HERE MAKING THEIR OWN OR SOMETHING BUT I CANT GET MY HANDS ON ANY? WHERE CAN I GET SOME PLAIN OLD IRON SIGHTS OR GHOST RING SIGHTS THAT WILL FIT ON THIS? WITHOUT SPENDING A BUNCH OF MONEY ?

Normally I don't talk to those who shout on the internet .... J/K

Hey, unfortunately I can only say "welcome to the club" :(

Mine seemed crooked too. Friend got sick of his and ripped it off.

Elevation IS adjustable. There is a grey wheel in the front. It will turn to go up and down. But to turn it, you have to stick something in the little hole just behind it, and hold the metal locking tab down away from the wheel. Sounds a lot worse than it is. Mine would not adjust enough to sight it in.

I know of no sight options that are inexpensive. Krebs has a custom made set. Rusmilitary (in England) has the Russian version. Topmaul has a set from Krebs, and seems to like them pretty well (I'll let him fill in the details of getting them set up). I think I'm missing one source, but can't remember it right now.

what happend to the sights for sale on this site just stopped making them or what? look forward to bouncing some bunnies across the snow this week :killer:

I would like to know the answer to that one myself. I have emailed questions with no reply.

I've got a set of the Russian sights (front & rear) from Russmilitary, and they work pretty well. I have the 18.5" barrel set up with Winchoke / Browning Invector threads. The Paradox tube is very consistant with most of the slugs and sabots I've tried out to 50yds. With shot / choke tubes, it points quite well, too. I also occasionally use a BSA red dot (44mm) that seems to be enduring the recoil / shock pretty well. So far. It was cheap, so..... :rolleyes:

I really did not like the stock sights on my saiga so I went and bought the ones from Krebs they work great they are a bit pricie at 95.00 but I do like them very much. I have seen the ones from Russia they are a bit lower quality than the Krebs product. If you choose the krebs sights I suggest you run the front sight post down as far as it will go then up to clicks and you should be good that is what I had to do. If you have any problem IM me and I'll try to help you out should you aquire the Krebs sights.

post-2-1107724424.jpg

I'm trying to get used to the stock sights. I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Do you align the top of the bead (which is flat) with the tops of the rear?

If I do that then I see the rail.

Or do I lower the bead just enough so as not to see the rail in my view? I would think the bead is flat to align to the rear so it's like - ^ T ^ ( can see rail) instead of ^ z ^ (rail out of view).

Topmaul:

Did you change over from the rib-type sight or the pistol-type?

Anyone removed the rib and put on the Russian or Krebs sights? I find the stock pistol-type sights OK on Saiga-12 #1, but my #2 gun has the rib and I want to install the Russian sights.

I'm trying to get used to the stock sights. I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Do you align the top of the bead (which is flat) with the tops of the rear?

If I do that then I see the rail.

Or do I lower the bead just enough so as not to see the rail in my view? I would think the bead is flat to align to the rear so it's like - ^ T ^ ( can see rail) instead of ^ z ^ (rail out of view).

I sighted mine like a traditional ribbed gun, you shouldn't see any rib at all. The ears on either side might help keeping windage right as it helps center the front post.