How reliable are Surefire mags?

Friends Don't let Friends use Pro-Mag or Surefire..

AK MAG TEST

BUT If you are just using them for fun then go ahead.

But if you are looking to use them I SHTF times. IMHO. File down the back lock a bit on the steel mag and install the Feed Ramp..

Edited by Zazale

I just received two 15 round Surefire mags this morning. I have two saiga 7.62x39. The mags are such a tight fit that when I put them in one of my saigas they shave some of the plastic off the sides. I had to play with them to get them to go into the mag well.

I also had to grind on them a little so the mag catch would lock. I plan on selling them both with one of my saigas and getting a saiga 308. I'm sure I'll never order any Surefire mags again..........

I just received two 15 round Surefire mags this morning. I have two saiga 7.62x39. The mags are such a tight fit that when I put them in one of my saigas they shave some of the plastic off the sides. I had to play with them to get them to go into the mag well.

I also had to grind on them a little so the mag catch would lock. I plan on selling them both with one of my saigas and getting a saiga 308. I'm sure I'll never order any Surefire mags again..........

The polymer Surefire mags are sometimes a really tight fit at first. Slight modifications usually result in them working fine. Still, I much prefer the metal Surefire mags. They are harder to come by, but they work great. The down side is that they don't help with 922r.

I have to say,I started using polymer Surefires when I got my X39 about a year ago and have built a collection of them in the meantime and havent had any trouble with any of them.

I've also been using them for my other Saigas without any real hangups,other than the differences in the magwells and lock tabs.

I have 2 .410s,one is loose and one it snug putting the same mag in each,they work and feed fine but there is a noticeable difference between them,also both my S12s are that way too,my 07 is a good fit and my 08 is loose,its just the way the guns come over.

first of all, I don't know anyone who would drop their guns like that with the mag loaded, I have never done it, and hopefully never will, now...about surefire magazines...i have 1 poly and 2 metals, all 3 run flawlessly for me. I would prefer the metal mags over plastic any day, plastic mags aren't used in "combat" for a reason, and there is no excuse for saying this mag is better then the other when your just going to the range for fun. As long as the mag cycles thats all that matters. SGM cover's their mags with a warrenty.

PS: I like the Arsenal magazines, but if i drop my gun when I need it like that, i'm as good as dead anyways, so a broken mag is the least of my worries.

Edited by Vultite