New Saiga owner

I just bought this Saiga 12 this afternoon and I fired off some rounds. But I pushed that thumb button in the back of bolt support playing with it, now and it don't want to come back out. I'm afraid to shoot it now or wreck something else. My owners manual says it's a Plunger, I don't know. What is it and what does it do and can I fire it with it stuck in? My owners manual says nothing about it. Also is this shotgun a AK-47 as far as I'm asking where I can get a complete tear down book with pictures.

Edited by hangemhigh2000
I just bought this Saiga 12 this afternoon and I fired off some rounds. But I pushed that thumb button in the back of bolt support playing with it, now and it don't want to come back out. I'm afraid to shoot it now or wreck something else. My owners manual says it's a Plunger, I don't know. What is it and what does it do and can I fire it with it stuck in? My owners manual says nothing about it. Also is this shotgun a AK-47 as far as I'm asking where I can get a complete tear down book with pictures.

If you can't decipher the factory manual's version of english it sounds like you need to find a better AK manual it is a simple rifle. I believe the button you talk about is the dust cover release button and it holds the dust cover on. Just push the dust cover back down and it should pop back out. Seriously though don't be afraid of learning to field strip your rifle. They are made so that any dumb ass ignorant peasant can field strip them and not worry about messing it up. Google is a good place to get a manual and youtube has many field stripping videos. Any good AK guide will do.

Read, Read, then re=Read manual....

Exercise all safety w/ this and any other firearm. Sometimes buying and shooting w/o knowledge can be very dangerous.

I'm only preaching because I don't want anybody getting hurt.

Good luck, and be safe.....

Oh, a good smack with the palm of the hand will seat the cover.

Edited by WESTONSECURITY

Thanks for the replies. I'm on my way now. That button was the plunger button to take off the bolt support, with bolt , piston,etc etc etc. Your right it is easy when you know how, Really I wouldn't have had to ask, If I gave the dust cover a good smack with the palm of my hand. lol I saw a guy on youtube strip the whole gun. That plunger still won't come out Like it should so I hit the bolt support with a screw driver handle and it popped right out and the bolt support right in. Just needs some filing around the bolt support hole where to goes though and I'm good to go. I felt like the Fonz when he hits the jukebox.