Receiver adapter

Is ACE the only company that makes the adapter for the Saiga 12 gauge receiver to attach a different stock?

Besides Tromix that has the weld on.

This does not seem to be that difficult to make. Im sure i could have these made if the demand were high enough.

Also, I didnt like the fact of the shepards hook holding the axis pins with tension. I know this has been used for awhile and definately not trying to offend anyone but in my opinion, im gonna use retaining rings. A pic is below. I think these are more reliable.

post-16435-1236206886.jpg

post-16435-1236206890_thumb.jpg

Edited by rtzracer

There are several other manufacturers, such as UTG, and several others I can't think of the names of at the moment. Try a search for "stock adapter". I know there's a thread I posted in a month or so ago all about it.

The e-clips seem like they'd be a pain to take on and off.

Have you considered cotter pins instead? I've had good luck with my shepherd's crook, but whatever floats your boat.

post-7071-1236209492_thumb.jpg

Acer

Yeah, im not saying anything bad about the sehpards hook nor anyone that uses them. Im just abusive, meaning i like to shoot and it seems with alot of abuse the hook might wiggle loose. I just wanted to use something that i knoew would not work loose.

Back on Feb 20 I posted info on e clips I used them, I've used them many times in the past, but never for this application. The only requirement is they seat completely into the groove and around the pin.I actually put two clips side by side on each pin.

Back on Feb 20 I posted info on e clips I used them, I've used them many times in the past, but never for this application. The only requirement is they seat completely into the groove and around the pin.I actually put two clips side by side on each pin.

Exactly Wayne.. That is the same thing i did, installing two of them side-by-side. Works great and i doubt these will ever work loose or come off the axis pin.

I used E clips in my conversion and in a build. THe first time I used it in a build the clip was not properly closed and the FCG came apart during shooting. I took it home and reassembled it and haven't had any problems since. Make sure they are seated.

Edited by uzitiger